Honey Chipotle Corn Bread. Mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Honey Chipotle Corn Bread Accidentally put this in WAY too large a pan & greased it way too much, the current photo will reflect that 😅 REGARDLESS the end product was delicious! Chef Weird Beard San Antonio, Texas.
Place the butter, honey, and chipotle into a mini food processor or small bowl. Pulse to combine or mash together using the back of a fork. Transfer to a small bowl or ramekin and freeze until the cornbread is ready. You can have Honey Chipotle Corn Bread using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Honey Chipotle Corn Bread
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of corn meal.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground chipotle powder.
- Prepare 1 of large jalepeno, deveined and diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded habanero jack.
Honey cornbread spiked with chipotle heat, to be exact. I actually made this as an accompaniment to the aforementioned chilli and it is divine. Having eaten cornbread many times in the US (mainly at one of my favourite places in Arizona who bring you skillet cornbread and honey butter with every meal…drool), I had yet to ever make it. Chipotle Cheddar Cornbread Muffins with Honey Butter are a Southern-inspired side with a hit of complex, smoky flavor.
Honey Chipotle Corn Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 400• F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk 🥛, butter, egg, sugar, and honey.
- Add flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt 🧂, and and chipotle powder. When incorporated mix in jalepenos.
- Move to glass baking dish, bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle habanero jack on top, place back in oven for about 10 minutes. Cornbread is done when a toothpick comes out clean..
- Done ✅! Take a cooksnap & share!.
You don't have to be a southerner to appreciate the genius of cornbread. I was hooked long ago, from occasional trips down south and brunch at some of my favorite soul food-style west village joints. The chipotle flavor is subtle and increases slightly in intensity as you work your way through the wedge of cornbread. Texture is a nice, fine crumb that did not fall apart. Honey chipotle wing sauce with lime juice and soy sauce is a perfect balance of sweet, smoky, and spicy for wings or glazing chicken or pork.