Corn Pepper and Cabbage Relish. This versatile corn relish is great as a salsa with chips or spooned generously over grilled seafood or barbecued pork chops. Drain and put in a medium bowl to cool. Add the red pepper, onion, cilantro, vinegar, cumin and chili powder.
A barbecue without a sweetcorn relish just isn't a barbecue. It works even better with vegetarian Put the vinegar, sugar, salt, ground cloves, mustard and turmeric into a large pan and bring to the boil. Finely cjop the cabbage, onions and peppers. You can cook Corn Pepper and Cabbage Relish using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Corn Pepper and Cabbage Relish
- You need 2-1/2 cup of whole kernel corn.
- It’s 1 of large orange bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of large onion diced.
- You need 1/3 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2-1/2 cup of thinly sliced green cabbage.
- You need 1/4 cup of rice vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar unfiltered with the mother.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- It’s 1/4 cup of capers chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped pimento peppers.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoons of seasoned salt.
- It’s To taste of honey optional.
Add corn, oil and chopped red pepper; toss to coat. Sweet corn relish, perfect for hot dogs, pickled corn, cucumbers, onions, red bell peppers, and tomatoes. This recipe is for a sweet corn relish which, I'm happy to announce, is delicious served over hot dogs. (That is if you are a corn-relish-on-your-hot-dog kinda. Try this Corn And Pepper Relish recipe, or contribute your own.
Corn Pepper and Cabbage Relish step by step
- Dice the peppers and onions put with the corn..
- Add to a very hot skillet and stir to mix add the salt, seasoned salt, garlic, both vinegars and simmer till the onion is tender. Slice the cabbage..
- Add the 1/2 tablespoons to the cabbage and rub vigorously.
- Add seasoned cabbage to the corn mixture..
- Stir it together simmer 15 minutes.
- Chop the capers and pimentos..
- Stir them in and simmer 15 minutes..
- You can serve in a bowl as a side or use as a condiment. I hope you enjoy!!.
In a small bowl combine roasted peppers, corn, tomato, green onions, oil, parsley, lime juice, vinegar, salt, and black pepper. If desired, serve with tortilla chips. Transfer relish to a freezer container. Red pepper sauce, mustard seed and onion give this relish a feisty flair. MORE+ LESS Bell Pepper Corn Relish.