Black Beans and Corn Salad. Black bean salad is full of different flavors and textures, and makes a great side dish. You can even serve it as a dip for chips or as a topping for grilled meats or fish. I love this time of year when all the fresh foods come into season.
They're rich in fiber, iron and folate. Frozen corn is a great option for both flavor and texture. You can also substitute canned corn. You can cook Black Beans and Corn Salad using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Black Beans and Corn Salad
- It’s of Dressing——————.
- You need 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
- It’s 1/2 cup of good extra Virgin olive oil.
- You need of Salad——————-.
- It’s 15 ounce of can of black beans drained and rinsed.
- It’s 15 ounce of can of sweet corn drained.
- It’s 15 ounce of can of chickpea drained.
- You need 1 quart of grape tomatoes cut into halves.
- You need To taste of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of green stuffed olives.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of diced sweet onions.
- It’s 1/3 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
This colorful, crunchy black bean salad is chock-full of easy-to-swallow nutrition that all ages will love. Try it with a variety of summer entrees, or as a wholesome salsa! I used frozen corn instead of the canned corn, and I used olive oil instead of the canola oil. I also left out the cilantro.
Black Beans and Corn Salad step by step
- Mix the salad dressing ingredients.
- Mix the other ingredients together into a bowl.
- Add the dressing and let rest 15 minutes at room temperature..
- Stir and serve I hope you enjoy!!!! Add more or less red wine vinegar to your tastes..
Healthy and flavorful Black Bean and Corn Salad! Black beans – you could also use dry and cooked black beans. Corn – fresh or frozen corn works great here. You can add raw corn or if you prefer the softer texture of cooked you can cook it first. Cumin adds smoky flavor but no heat to Rachael's black bean and corn salad.