Cornmeal Breakfast Pudding. Moist and flavorful Jamaican Cornmeal Pudding is cornmeal with coconut and spices baked to a thick pudding consistency with a spiced cream topping. Great easy to make versatile pudding. You can add what you want and make it for breakfast or dinner.
The reason for this is that this pudding was always. The Best Cornmeal Breakfast Recipes on Yummly Cornmeal Pancake Breakfast, Cremita De Maiz (puerto Rican Cornmeal Breakfast Porridge), Cornmeal Muffins With Cilantro Spread. You can cook Cornmeal Breakfast Pudding using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cornmeal Breakfast Pudding
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- It’s of Combine:.
- You need 1 cup of yellow cornmeal.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need of Serving/Topping Suggestions:.
- It’s of Butter.
- Prepare of Brown sugar.
- Prepare of Maple syrup.
- It’s of Jelly/preserves.
- It’s of Cheese.
- It’s of Ham/sausage.
Blend together sugar, salt, nutmeg, mixed spice and coconut milk. Combine all ingredients for the custard, and pour it on top of the cornmeal pudding. Silky moist corn pudding is the perfect side dish for any holiday meal! From Sommer Collier of A In my humble opinion, the best corn pudding versions have a heavy texture, a moist silky bite, a rustic.
Cornmeal Breakfast Pudding instructions
- Bring 2 cups of water and 1 tsp. salt to a rapid boil in a 3 quart or bigger pot that has a lid..
- In a separate container mix 1 cup water and 1 cup cornmeal..
- Add cornmeal mixture to boiling water. Stirring constantly..
- Have your pot lid on hot standby! Once the cornmeal absorbs all the water it will bubble and spit, and it is HOT. Stir until the mixture thickens and begins to bubble, then cover with the lid. Turn the heat to low. Let simmer for 4 to 5 minutes..
- I serve this hot for breakfast with brown sugar, butter, and cream. Make it sweet or savory (think sausage and cheese…).
- If you have leftovers they can be cooled and stored in the fridge. Use the reruns: tomorrow's breakfast, cut into shapes and fry, put a scoop in the bowl with any tomato based soup or chili, serve cold with fruit toppings…..
Blueberry Cornmeal Pudding Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Mix together cornmeal, water, and salt in a medium saucepan. Harina de Maiz – Recipe & Video (Cornmeal Pudding): Served as a dessert, or as breakfast, it is a comforting dish, a favorite of children and grownups alike. Cornmeal porridge – a popular meal served for breakfast in Jamaica. Funchi also known as fungi/fungee – a cornmeal mush cooked and cooled into a stiff pudding, sometimes eaten with.