Cornmeal Waffles. These cornmeal waffles are good if made without the spices and eaten with syrup, but even better made spicy and served with a simple. These cornmeal waffles have a super tasty, crispy crust and a delicate, moist and fluffy center. Now that my tangent is over, these waffles came about for three very specific reasons Cornmeal Waffles with Blackberry Compote-the cornmeal adds a slight crunch and sweetness to these delicate waffles.
These delicious whole wheat and cornmeal waffles have a light crunchy texture. Serve hot with syrup, or fruit and whipped cream. Preparing your waffle batter with the blender gives the waffles a very light, airy texture. You can cook Cornmeal Waffles using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cornmeal Waffles
- Prepare of Dry Ingredients.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cornmeal.
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Wet Ingredients.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
Not to mention, it makes clean up a snap since you use the same container to mix. Cornmeal gives waffles a coarser texture than flour. Bake until the waffles are golden and crispy and the waffle iron stops steaming. Cornmeal waffles topped with brown sugar honey butter.
Cornmeal Waffles instructions
- Heat waffle iron..
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add milk, vanilla and oil..
- Mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and sugar..
- Mix dry ingredients and milk mixture together. This will be a very thin batter. If you like thicker batter just add 1/4 cup more of flour and 1/4 cup cornmeal..
- Pour 1/2 cup batter for each waffle on the waffle iron. Stir batter before each time you measure the 1/2 cup. That way all the cornmeal is blended and not at the bottom..
- Serve hot and enjoy with syrup, apple butter, or jam..
This year we're busting out the waffle iron and making cornmeal waffles topped with brown sugar honey butter. These savory cornmeal waffles get a smoky Southern US kick with the addition of cumin. Chives in the waffle batter gives them a light onion flavor that complements a fried egg perfectly. Whisk flour, cornmeal, cornstarch, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. Serve waffles with currant-maple sauce and additional maple syrup, if desired.