Cornmeal Muffins with Crab Stuffing. Cornbread muffins are filled with crab and cheese for a savory party snack perfect for game day or any day. Whisk flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking soda together in a large bowl. Stir in eggs, buttermilk, green onion, and melted butter; whisk until combined.
I was originally going to call these "crab and corn cupcakes," but since I've still not perfected my bacon frosting recipe, I decided to hold off and go with the slightly less exciting sounding. Using an ice cream scoop, fill the muffin cups to the top with the batter. Easy Cheesy Cornbread MuffinsFamily Food on the Table. You can cook Cornmeal Muffins with Crab Stuffing using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cornmeal Muffins with Crab Stuffing
- It’s of Stuffing.
- It’s 220 grams of cooked crabmeat (fresh/sticks).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated Cheddar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Worchestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s of Cornmeal Muffin.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of cornmeal.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter (melted).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated Cheddar.
Shrimp And Crab Stuffed Chicken Recipes. In a seperate bowl combine melted butter, egg and milk; mix well. Mix together crab, celery, onion, mayonnaise and cheese. Broil until hot and bubbly on top.
Cornmeal Muffins with Crab Stuffing step by step
- Preheat oven to 190C. Lightly grease 12-cup muffin pan.
- Combine crab meat, cheese, mayonnaise, Worchestershire sauce and parsley in a small bowl. Season with pinch of salt. Cover and refrigerate for later use.
- Mix the dry ingredients. Stir in eggs, buttermilk, butter; whisk until combined.
- Divide batter into greased muffin pan evenly till 3/4 full..
- Scoop 2 tbsp of crab stuffing into center of each muffin. Lightly press them in. Top stuffed muffins with the grated Cheddar.
- Bake till golden brown, for 25minutes.
- *For variety, may use cooked chicken meat, tuna, just use your imagination.
Melt cheese and butter; add crab meat and mushrooms. Place under broiler until slightly browned. Share: Rate this Recipe A nice change from corn bread; the batter can also be baked in corn stick pans. Corn bread is very popular in this part of the country as a complement to soup. Make a well in the center.