Brad's Braised Short Ribs w/ Creamy White Polenta & Shrimp Scampi. These creamy and rich Braised Short Ribs with Creamy Polenta make the perfect romantic meal for Valentine's Day or any special occasion! What's better than slow braised beef short ribs on a cool fall evening? Tender short ribs rest on top of creamy, dreamy polenta.this is ultimate comfort food gone gourmet.
Few understood that a tough and typically disposable piece of meat would turn into heavenly, melt in your. These flavorful short ribs perfectly illustrate how braised meat cooked on the bone can turn out succulent and tender enough to cut with a fork. The bones also enrich the braising liquid, which marries delectably with the cheese-laced creamy polenta. You can have Brad's Braised Short Ribs w/ Creamy White Polenta & Shrimp Scampi using 40 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's Braised Short Ribs w/ Creamy White Polenta & Shrimp Scampi
- It’s of For the short ribs.
- You need 2 of lg short ribs per serving, I made 3 servings.
- Prepare of Salt, white pepper, dry mustard.
- Prepare 1/4 of sweet onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of lg cloves garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of red wine, I used a cabernet.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar to taste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- It’s 1 tbs of minced chives.
- You need of For the polenta.
- You need 1/4 of sweet onion, diced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 of lg cloves garlic, minced.
- It’s 3 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of white corn meal.
- It’s 6 oz of merlot belvitano cheese, shredded or cubed.
- It’s 2 tbs of sour cream.
- It’s to taste of Salt and white pepper.
- You need of For the scampi.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of 16-21 count prawns, I used wild argentinian pinks.
- You need of Remove shells, leave tail on.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 1/4 of sweet onion, diced.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chili flakes.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s of For the pan sauce.
- It’s of All the drippings from the ribs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of additional red wine.
- It’s 1 tbsp of additional balsamic vinegar.
- You need 3 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- You need of Additional chopped parsley and chives.
A bold-flavored Syrah or Zinfandel is ideal for the. The short ribs can even be braised the day before. They reheat incredibly well, possibly even Then check out Orecchiette with Braised Short Ribs and Swiss Chard to see how you can transform your creamy-cheddar-polenta/]. For the Swiss Chard with Pancetta.
Brad's Braised Short Ribs w/ Creamy White Polenta & Shrimp Scampi step by step
- Heat a large ovenproof Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add 1 tbsp oil. Coat ribs with seasoning generously. Quickly brown on all sides. Set aside..
- In same Dutch oven, add butter and onions. Cook on medium low heat until they start to caramelize. Add garlic and cook one minute. Add parsley and chives, cook one more minute. Add rest of ingredients for the ribs. Bring mixture just to a boil so flavor combines..
- Return the ribs to the Dutch oven. Cover and place in a 300 degree oven for 2 hours. Reduce heat to 170 and continue for 2 more hours..
- Remove ribs to and oven safe plate and place in oven at 170 to keep warm. Cool the cooking liquid until it is Able to be handled. Strain as much fat off of the top as you can. Add remaining ingredients for the sauce except salt. Bring to a simmer and reduce. The sauce should have a shimmery Appearance not too thick like gravy. Salt to taste..
- Start the polenta and scampi at the same time. Polenta in a lg saucepan, scampi in a lg frying pan. Both over medium high heat. Add butter to both and saute onions..
- For the polenta, you don't want onion to caramelize. Just sweat off. When translucent, add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add water, milk, and bouillon. Bring to a boil. When boiling, very slowly whisk cornmeal into liquid. If you go too fast it will be lumpy. As soon as all the cornmeal is incorporated, add cheese and sour cream, reduce heat. Stir constantly until thick and creamy.
- For the scampi, you do want the onion to caramelize a little. When you start seeing the onion brown, add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add rest of scampi ingredients except salt and saute until prawns are cooked. About 3-4 minutes. Taste 1 prawn and add salt if desired..
- To plate, add polenta on the bottom, place short ribs on top of polenta. Scampi on the side. Garnish polenta with parsley, and rib with chives. Spoon pan sauce over ribs and polenta. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
I think this recipe for Braised Short Ribs checks all the boxes. I headed to one of our local grocery stores to purchase the ribs. As usual, my co-workers were invited to taste the ribs which were served over a creamy Parmesan polenta. According to them, it is a winner. It's a well-kept secret that braised short ribs are a gourmet home cook's best friend.