Polenta Chips. If you make polenta regularly you might have noticed the crust that remains on the bottom and the walls of your pot after you have eaten the polenta. Put away your potato prejudices – polenta chips (fries in the US) are really, really nice. But how to flavour the stodge?
These delicious polenta chips are easy to make and are the ideal snack or lunch box filler that are simple and healthy too. Cut the polenta into slim 'chips' and carefully toss with the olive oil. Polenta more of a Northern Italy dish made from boiled cornmeal. You can cook Polenta Chips using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Polenta Chips
- You need 2 cups of vegetable Stock.
- You need 2 cups of Water.
- You need 25 g of Butter.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Chopped rosemary, plus extra for garnish.
- Prepare 2 cups of Polenta.
- It’s of Add Parmesan.
Polenta (cornmeal) is rather strange looking stuff and the instant kind, when boiled up, looks a bit like mashed potato. But when set into a square and cut in to 'chips' it starts to turn in to something rather. Everybody likes chips, but if you're looking for something that isn't as bad for you as the takeaway chips at the corner ship, these simple Rosemary & Parmesan Baked Polenta Chips are the way to go. Please log in to save or rate.
Polenta Chips step by step
- Line a tin with plastic wrap..
- Place stock, water, butter, salt and rosemary in a large pot. Bring to a simmer then, while stirring with a whisk, pour in polenta in a steady stream. Continue to whisk until mixture is thick. Add parmesan..
- Spoon and pat down polenta into tin. Cover polenta and allow to cool completely..
- Preheat oven to 200C..
- Unwrap polenta and cut into even-sized chips. Line a baking tray with paper. Place chips on to paper and bake for 30 minutes. I don't use oil but you could I guess..
Turn heat down to a simmer and gradually whisk in polenta. Serve these chips with sweet chilli sauce and I dare you to stop at one. I have a pantry full of polenta at the moment. I purchased a large quantity in my last food co-op order. Fried cheesy polenta chips, smoked chilli and lemon.