Cheesy Baked Polenta. Delight Your Taste Buds With Easy Southern-Styled Recipes By Kraft®. Bring the water to a boil in a large, heavy pot. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring often, until the mixture thickens and the cornmeal is.
Spoon the polenta into an oiled shallow tray. Smooth the surface with a spatula. When set, slice the polenta into squares. You can cook Cheesy Baked Polenta using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Baked Polenta
- You need 3 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 cup of stoneground cornmeal.
- You need 2 cup of shredded cheese ( i use a mexican blend or cheddar ).
In a large saucepan heat oil and butter. Add garlic and saute just until golden. Add stock, half and half and red pepper. Parmesan cheese and butter make this a rich and flavorful polenta.
Cheesy Baked Polenta step by step
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine milk, salt & butter in a saucepan over medium heat to a simmer..
- Slowly add cornmeal, whisking it heavily to avoid lumps..
- Reduce heat to low and stir constantly for about 10 minutes..
- In a greased loaf pan, add half of cornmeal mixture. Cover with one cup of cheese. Pour remaining cornmeal mixture on top & cover with other cup of cheese..
- Bake until cheese is a nice golden brown – about 25 minutes..
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes before slicing & serving. I love this polenta served plain – but it's good with sour cream & salsa too. Polenta is easy to make & you can add just about anything you like to it – so go ahead and get crazy with it. And if you don't feel like baking it – you can chill it in a loaf plan till it's firm & pan fry slices with some butter – yum..
An authentic Italian polenta is the best choice, but yellow stone-ground grits or a medium grind cornmeal may be substituted. Use the sliced baked polenta as a base for vegetables or a meaty sauce. In a mixing bowl combine cornmeal, cold water and salt. In a large pot over medium-high heat, bring milk, water, and salt to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cover.