Fried perch 🎣and morel mushrooms 🍄. Pan Fried Morel Mushrooms are everything. Freshly picked morels dredged in seasoned flour and pan fried in butter. Transfer the fried morels to a paper towel lined plate and repeat this process with the remaining mushrooms.
Slice large morels in half lengthwise and keep small ones whole. Drop the mushrooms into a bowl of cool water and shake them around a bit to let any debris fall out of the little nooks and crannies in them. Place halved morel mushrooms in a large bowl; cover with cold, lightly salted water. You can cook Fried perch 🎣and morel mushrooms 🍄 using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried perch 🎣and morel mushrooms 🍄
- It’s 6 of perch fillets cut into pieces.
- You need 4 of large morel mushrooms.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare of For the breading:.
- Prepare 2 cups of cornmeal.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of hidden valley ranch seasoning mix.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of the following:.
- You need of Soul seasoning.
- It’s of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Onion powder.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- It’s of Deep fryer for frying.
Crevices of the mushrooms may harbor tiny stones or even insects. Узнать причину. Закрыть. 🍄 Air Fried Morel Mushrooms! 🍄. These pan fried morel mushrooms are the perfect way to use up the delicious spring mushroom. Lightly pan fried in butter and totally delicious! So get out and forage those mushrooms and get to cooking!
Fried perch 🎣and morel mushrooms 🍄 instructions
- Soak morels in cold water for 20 minutes to remove any remaining dirt or bugs. Cut into quarters..
- Heat oil to 375. Beat eggs in one bowl and mix dry breading ingredients in a separate bowl..
- Dip fish and mushrooms in egg then breading and fry about 3-4 minutes for the fish and 1-2 minutes for the mushrooms or until golden brown and crispy..
- Serve with hot sauce, ranch, tarter, southwest ranch or lemon juice squeezed over the top. Pairs well with a side salad, potato salad, deviled eggs, collard greens, sautéed kale or spinach, green beans & bacon, corn on the Cobb, Mac and cheese Or spaghetti..
Morels, like most mushrooms and most delicacies, are best prepared simply so you can really savour them. We advocate for cooking low and slow until their is a nice colour for the best flavour extraction. Some prefer fried, breaded, stuffed… really the possibilities are endless! Morel mushroom identification is fun (and delicious)! Learn what to examine and how to distinguish a true morel from its poisonous look-alike, the false morel.