Paneer tikka (cottage cheese). Paneer Tikka Masala is basically chunks of paneer marinated in spices and grilled onto skewers. This recipe reigns in all houses whenever guests are expected and it is a crowd pleaser. #Paneer,#Tikka,#Shashlik,#Starter,#Veg,#Tastyfood,#Easytomake,#Indian, Ingredients: Cottage Cheese (Paneer, पनीर) Turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर) Kashmiri Red Chilli. Paneer Tikka is an Indian dish made from cottage cheese cubes marinated in different Indian spices and grilled in a tandoor, microwave or tawa.
Paneer, a semisolid, cubed form of cottage cheese, is favored in the north and east India. "Paneer" — literally "cheese" in Hindi — readily takes on the flavor of the spices in which it cooks. Paneer adds a rich and creamy flavor to Indian desserts, such as Sandesh, rasgulla, and rasmalai. Hi, Its summer time and it calls for grilled burgers! You can cook Paneer tikka (cottage cheese) using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Paneer tikka (cottage cheese)
- Prepare 100 grams of paneer/cottage cheese (I make mine at home, but you can but it in a supermarket).
- Prepare 3 tsp of tikka masala.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 clove of minced garlic and ginger.
- Prepare 4 tsp of plain yoghurt (i use homemade).
Do try this, my new favorite burger recipe 🙂 Please like, share and subscribe to my channel!!! Marinate the paneer as suggested in the recipe. Skewer the paneer and the vegetables. Heat a grill pan over the medium-high flame.
Paneer tikka (cottage cheese) step by step
- Cut the cottage cheese into 1 inch cubes and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix everything well and add the cheese. Allow to marinate for a few hours because it soaks in all the juicy marinade. When you want to cook it, skewer it seperating each with a pepper chopped to approx. the same size as the cheese (green red yellow or all) this is amazing for bbq's so it uses low heat and gets super tender.
- NB: this is not like regular cheese, it doesnt melt so to know when it is ready, just break it, it should not be too rubbery and should not flake when breaking it.
How to make Paneer Tikka in Tandoor? First, the Paneer (cottage cheese) is cut into cubes and marinated with spices. It is then arranged on a stick with capsicum, onion, and bell pepper. Then those sticks are grilled in a tandoor. The dish is then served hot with salad and mint sauce (mint + coriander chutney).