You can cook Stuffed Artichokes using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Artichokes
- It’s 6 of large Artichokes.
- Prepare 2 cups of bread crumbs (plain).
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of granted Italian cheese (parmigiano).
- It’s of salt (not to much).
- It’s of pepper (white) or (black).
- Prepare of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of dry oregano.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need of chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of anchovy paste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pine nuts (Optional).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of raisins (Optional).
- It’s 10 of chopped green olives.
- You need of butter.
Stuffed Artichokes instructions
- Wash and clean artichokes,.
- Cut off stems (so that they will stand up in the pot). Make sure to cut pointy tips off of all the leaves, and spead the artichoke open with your fingers to get down into the choke, cut out pointy prickly parts using a small scissors.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients for stuffing: bread crumbs, cheese,chopped green olives, chopped onion and garlic finely chopped, and chopped fresh parsley. Add oregano,salt, pepper,1/2 cup chopped pine nuts, and about 1/4 cup raisins. Add about 1/2 teaspoon of anchovy paste, more or less if you desire..
- Slowly pour olive oil onto mixture stirring as you pour. Only use about 1/4 cup olive oil. That should be enough. you want to be able to squeeze mixture in your fingers and have it stick together. But not be mushy, mixture should still crumble..
- Stuff the artichokes with the mixture, then set side by side in a pot large enough for them all to fit tightly (so as not to fall over). Pour chicken stock into pot from the side not directly over your artichokes (or your stuffing will come out). Stock should come all the way to top of Artichokes but not cover them..
- When cooked..Put a tab of butter on top off each artichoke and a sprinkle of grated cheese…
- Cook on a medium heat, for about an hour checking often, make sure not sticking to pot, you may need add more stock from time to time. Lower heat after and hour and cook for another half hour or so, until you can easily pull leaf off of Artichokes that's when you know they are cooked. Ready to eat….