Feta and cottage cheese squares. Cottage cheese is a fresh cheese curd product with a mild flavor. It is also known as curds and whey. It is made by draining the cheese, as opposed to pressing it—retaining some of the whey.
Feta is a salted curd cheese made from either sheep's milk, goat's milk, or a blend. It is sold in Small curd cottage cheese (well drained) for baking only, in dishes with other ingredients. Cheese and wine is a good combination. You can have Feta and cottage cheese squares using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Feta and cottage cheese squares
- Prepare of Mix.
- It’s 3 3/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 8 oz of crumbled feta.
- Prepare 24 oz of small curd low fat cottage cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of skim milk.
- You need 1 tsp of freshly grated white pepper.
- It’s 2 large of eggs / beaten.
In the days before cars, when people used horse drawn carts and carriages, cheese and homemade bread were the staple diet when traveling. Cottage and Swiss cheeses are baked with eggs, onion, bread crumbs and spinach. I like cottage cheese and I like spinach and I liked these squares. I added salt, pepper , red pepper flakes and garlic powder.
Feta and cottage cheese squares step by step
- Preheat oven to 380°F..
- In large mixing bowl mix all ingredients until well blended..
- Moderately butter a 9" by 13 " pan. Pour in mixture..
- Bake until brown, about 30 minutes or so. Remove from oven and while still in pan, cut serving size squares. Baste top with a little melted butter. Cook additional 5 minutes..
- Let rest 15 minutes before serving..
- Recipe by taylor68too.
I think they would be bland without some sort of seasonings. Put cottage cheese through a sieve. Beat the. with rest of the crumbs. Spray. a bowl, combine cottage cheese, Feta cheese, spinach, eggs, . clean. Recipes that require feta cheese are absolutely heavenly, aren't they?