Baked Spaghetti. Don't Forget To Try All Of Our Mouthwatering Recipes! A comforting baked spaghetti casserole with plenty of melted cheese is the perfect dish for potlucks, family gatherings, or a week-night dinner. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
Grease a medium baking dish with cooking spray. Cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente, drain, and set aside. You make baked spaghetti almost the same way you would make lasagna. You can cook Baked Spaghetti using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Spaghetti
- You need 1 (16 oz) of package of spaghetti.
- Prepare 1 pound of ground beef.
- You need 1 pound of ground Italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 (16 oz) of jar spaghetti sauce (I use Traditional Rangu).
- You need 1/2 stick of butter, cut into small chunks.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk cottage cheese.
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of package cream cheese, softened.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato sauce (I like Hunts).
- Prepare 2 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of onion diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic diced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of fresh parsley.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Italian season.
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of package shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese freshly grated.
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of shredded cheddar cheese.
It's a layered, baked casserole with a tomato-based meat sauce, mozzarella, ricotta, and Parmesan cheeses, and pasta. The main differences are that you use thin spaghetti noodles instead of wide lasagna pasta, and you toss in a couple of beaten eggs with the cooked noodles. Let your oven do all the work with Trisha Yearwood's Baked Spaghetti for Food Network. Baked Spaghetti is a favorite casserole around here!
Baked Spaghetti step by step
- Preheat oven 350. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil & cook spaghetti 6 minutes..
- Place the chunks of butter in the grained spaghetti and mix until coated set aside..
- In a large skillet, on medium high heat, sauté the onions & garlic for a few minutes, then add both meats, salt, pepper to your like and cook until browned. Drain the meat..
- Add in pasta sauce, tomato sauce, parsley and Italian season. Mix well until fully incorporated, on very low heat..
- In a medium size bowl combine the cream cheese, cottage cheese, and sour cream until well blended..
- Add your creamy mixture to the 1/2 of spaghetti, toss well until coated..
- Add 1/2 of the pasta sauce and 1/2 of the cheese's. Then repeat spaghetti, creamy mixture and sauce..
- Add remaining cheese's and place in oven..
- Cook 25 minutes and enjoy with a garden salad and garlic toast!!.
A quick zesty meat sauce is combined with tomatoes and spaghetti and topped with cheese. This spaghetti casserole is baked in the oven until hot and bubbly. Just like stuffed shells, this easy recipe is perfect served with crusty bread, homemade Garlic Butter and a Caesar Salad. Easy Baked Spaghetti Looking for a new family-favorite dinner? Try popping your spaghetti into the oven for a tasty take on this classic dish.