My Lasagna. Browse Our Official Site For Easy Lasagna Recipes. My hubby is a lasagna snob and says this is the best lasagna recipe ever. I was so disappointed with this lasagna!
This lightened lasagna has everything you love about the classic Italian dish, minus the noodles. Don't worry, you won't miss them. There are rich, deep, meaty flavors in the sauce, which is complimented by the creamy ricotta mixture—it's a well balanced flavor combination that's not too cheesy. You can cook My Lasagna using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Lasagna
- You need of Lasagna noodles, enough to cover your glass or metal pan 3 times.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground sausage.
- Prepare 1 bag of fresh spinach leaves.
- You need 1 tub of cottage cheese.
- It’s Half of a tub of sour cream.
- Prepare of Medium bag of shredded cheese (or shred your own, any flavor).
- You need 1-3 of eggs.
- You need of Your favorit tomato or white sause (1 jar or 2 cans) more ok.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Salt.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Pepper.
- You need of About 1 tablespoon to taist of Onion powder.
By salting and par baking the zucchini, you'll decrease the liquid in the lasagna and. This is my mom's special homemade lasagna recipe with made from scratch tomato sauce and delicious, cheesy filling. I have found none better anywhere. Serve with a leafy green salad and crusty garlic bread, if desired.
My Lasagna step by step
- 9×13 in pan or there abouts, set aside..
- Boild noodles, simultaneously brown beef with salt, pepper, and onion powder, set aside, and brown the sausage (if this is too greassy, more beef will work or ground turkey)..
- Combine meat, in seperate bowl combine sour cream, cottage cheese eggs and 1/3 the cheese (about 1 cup)..
- When noodles are cooked to flexible but not too soft, take off and rinse with cool water for handling, leave in water or they will stick together..
- Now assemble, put a little sauce at bottom, then 1 layer of noodle, spoon on meat, add sauce thinly to meat layer, then noodle, now the fresh spinach (i like fresh best for flavor, my mom uses frozen), it is ok if it is tall, in cooking it will settle down, now spoon on cottage cheese mix, and layer with noodle, then top with remaining sauce and cheese last..
- Cook at 325 or 350 (depending on your ovens eficency) 30 min with foil covered, and 10 without to crisp the cheese. Let cool 5 minutes then cut and serve. (Check the middle is sufficiently cooked by seeing if the cheese is all melted and browned in the middle not individual shredded pieces anymore) leave in longer if needed..
- I tend to have enough filling for 1 pan 9×13 and 1 pan 9×9, but you need more sauce and noodles, or just really stuff one pan..
Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and cheeses. Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray. Lasagna is all about the sauce, that meaty filling that's at the centre of heated debates as to its authenticity. I know my version deviates from tradition but that's the charm of food, interpreting flavours in new and creative ways that make delicious sense to you. Several years ago, my husband and I visited Bologna for the first time.