Sour Cream Noodle Bake. Browse Our Entire Collection Of Simple Yet Delectable Recipes Online. Brown ground chuck in a large skillet. To freeze: Assemble the Sour Cream Noodle Bake in a disposable aluminum oven-proof pan and seal the top of.
Sour Cream Noodle Bake is a delicious family favorite recipe! It's all baked together until golden and creamy to create a cheesy dish that may just top your favorite lasagna recipe! This recipe is adapted from a Pioneer Woman's recipe, I switched up a couple things to suite our families tastes. You can have Sour Cream Noodle Bake using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sour Cream Noodle Bake
- You need 2 of lbs. hamburger.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced green onions.
- It’s 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 1 pkg. (16 oz.) of wide egg noodles.
- It’s 2 cans (15 oz.) of tomato sauce.
- You need 4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 3 cups of cottage cheese.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of dried parsley.
- It’s 2 tsp. of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground red pepper.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
I like to layer the ingredients in this recipe because I think it looks prettier but it will taste just the same if you want to mix the noodles and sauce together before baking. Sour Cream Noodle Bake – cheesy baked pasta with ground beef and a creamy sauce! The whole family will love this recipe! I've really been failing at dinner since my husband deployed.
Sour Cream Noodle Bake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- In a large pot cook hamburger with chopped onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper and parsley until browned; drain and return to pot..
- Add tomato sauce and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes..
- Meanwhile, cook egg noodles as directed on package. Drain and return to pot..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese with a little salt, some pepper and the ground red pepper..
- Fold in the chopped green onions..
- Add the cheese mixture to the cooked noodles; mix well..
- Prepare a 9×13 dish for baking for this meal and one for freezing. Place 1/4 of the noodle mixture into each dish..
- Top each dish with a 1/4 of the meat mixture..
- Top each dish with a 1/4 of the cheddar cheese..
- Repeat all steps in a second layer to use up all remaining ingredients..
- Place one 9×13 dish in the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly..
- Allow the freezer dish to cool completely, then cover in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and store in freezer. Tip: Write date, dish name, oven temp and time on top of aluminum foil..
My seven year old actually asked me why I never cook anymore. To which I said, 'What are you talking about? The sour cream noodle cake has simple ingredients. You will need ground beef, noodles, sour cream, cottage cheese, onion, tomato sauce, and a couple of other ingredients. The result of this casserole is a delightful casserole with a cheesy and creamy filling that can fill up the bellies of those you love.