Layered Pasta Bake. Browse Our Collection Of Simple Pasta Recipes and Prepare Yummy Meals! Top this with a layer of the cooked penne. Spread half the sour cream mixture over the top of the pasta.
Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top. In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, ½ cup parmesan cheese, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper, and eggs; spoon mixture over the pasta. Spread beef mixture over the top. You can cook Layered Pasta Bake using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Layered Pasta Bake
- Prepare 16 oz of long pasta (like spaghetti, linguine, etc).
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 (16 oz) of container cottage cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan.
- You need 1 tbs of dried parsley flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 4 cups of spaghetti sauce (any variety).
- You need 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella.
- Prepare of extra salt for pasta water.
Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup parmesan and ½ cup mozzarella; top with bread crumbs. My layered pasta bake is a twist on a classic lasagna but even easier to put together! It's got traditional ricotta, mozzarella, and marinara sauce. However, I've substituted penne for the lasagna noodles, and ground turkey for the beef.
Layered Pasta Bake step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with olive oil cooking spray. Set aside..
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add pasta. Boil for 8 minutes..
- While pasta cooks: In a large bowl beat eggs. Add cottage cheese, parmesan, parsley, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir together until well combined..
- When pasta is done carefully drain using a colander. Add pasta to cottage cheese mixture. Stir to fully coat pasta with mixture..
- Place half the pasta in the casserole dish. Spread half the spaghetti sauce in an even layer over the pasta. Repeat with remaining pasta and sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella evenly over the top..
- Bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes more. Let rest 10 minutes before serving..
Plus, we added some mushrooms for good measure. Layered Pasta Bake is a community recipe submitted by Richie and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. Cook the pasta three minuets less than stated on the packet. Drain, and rinse in cold water. Pop a little oil in and then toss to prevent.