Couscous Algerian way 😜🇩🇿. How to prepare the most delicious ready-to-serve Algerian Couscous WITHOUT using the steam pan. Why Algerian couscous is popular in the Maghreb? It is true that couscous requires making time not long.
Couscous is the national dish of Algeria, just like Paella is the national dish of Spain. It is made of tiny balls of Semolina pasta with a thin stew type sauce called Merga poured over the top. Each Wilayat, or region of the country has its own special recipe for Mergha. You can have Couscous Algerian way 😜🇩🇿 using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Couscous Algerian way 😜🇩🇿
- It’s 200 g of mutton meat 2 big pieces (good with some fat).
- It’s 2 pieces of carrots.
- Prepare 2 pieces of courgettes.
- You need 1 of potatoes.
- You need 3 pieces of garlic.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- Prepare 1 of small spoon tomato paste.
- It’s 50 g of chickpeas cooked in water.
- It’s 10 g of coriander leafs.
The Flag: Algeria emoji is a flag sequence combining 🇩 Regional Indicator Symbol Letter D and 🇿 Regional Indicator Symbol Letter Z. These display as a single emoji on supported platforms. Citizens from both Morocco and Algeria took to social media to call for the borders between Morocco and Algeria to reopen. Morocco's King Mohammed renewed calls on.
Couscous Algerian way 😜🇩🇿 instructions
- Cut potatos, carrots and courgettes big pieces. Onions, garlic and coriander small pieces..
- In pressure cooker fry meat in oil all sides then add onion and garlic, let fry for a while then add black pepper, salt, red pepper and oregano, coriander (spice) and mix. Then add mashed tomato and tomato paste and let fry for a while.
- Add 4 cups of water and close the pressure cooker for 7 whistles..
- Open pressure cooker and add carrots, courgettes, coriander and chickpeas and close it again for 2 whistles (add water if necessary).
- Put raw couscous in bowl and add hot water until thin layer of water on top, until its full dry and hot add 10g of butter and some salt mix and add hot water again, cover it and let it rest untill dry again.
The traditional way of making couscous is a pretty cool process. Instead of combining the semolina with water and egg to make into a dough for pasta, couscous is produced by moistening the semolina with a little water or oil between your hands until it crumbles into tiny granules or pearls. Couscous is a Berber dish of semolina traditionally served with a meat or vegetable stew. And the best way for Barbie to look so fresh and radiant is with an intense fruit makeove. It is staple dish among Algerian people.