Basic Cauli Rice / Cauliflower Couscous. No, it probably wouldn't win in a side-by-side taste test with either couscous or white rice, but it You make this copycat couscous by pulsing cauliflower florets in a food processor (or grating them on a box grater) until they've broken down into tiny granules. The ultimate guide to making cauliflower rice step-by-step. A healthy grain-free and low-carb side dish alternative to rice.
Break your cauliflower into large florets. Most couscous recipes are all about the herbs and fresh vegetables anyway, so you're really not missing out on anything when you substitute cauli rice. Making cauliflower couscous couldn't be easier. You can have Basic Cauli Rice / Cauliflower Couscous using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Basic Cauli Rice / Cauliflower Couscous
- You need of Basic Cauli Rice with Meat.
- It’s 1 of large cauliflower head, washed and minced.
- It’s 1 of red onion, chopped.
- You need 1/4 of of a garlic head, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 of of an inch slice of butter.
- Prepare Pcs of meat (ex bacon, sausage, mince).
- Prepare 2-3 Tbsp of Meat drippings.
- Prepare 1 pc of fried egg.
- You need 1 tsp of Garnish (optional).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- You need of Flavored Cauli Rice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Nasi Goreng paste.
You just grind up fresh cauliflower florets in a food processor until they resemble couscous. Steam the cauliflower in just enough water to coat the bottom of a pan. Then lightly sauté some nuts, fruit, and onions and toss with the "couscous". Quick and easy recipe, gluten free, all natural.
Basic Cauli Rice / Cauliflower Couscous instructions
- Cook your meat first in a pan. I used a salty-garlicky sausage link called longganisa in the Philippines. This sausage gives out a lot of drippings that will definitely make the cauli rice tasty. Another good option is bacon or prosciutto..
- Romove your meat from pan and ser aside. Lower the heat, sauté the onions then add the garlic..
- Roughly chop your meat and add to the pan. Sauté with the onions and garlic..
- How to prep the cauliflower: wash and dry it well using a towel. Cut into florets. Separate the stalks and remove the non-edible green leaves of course. You can use the stalks connected to the flower heads, just make sure to mince well. I used a chopper/mincer machine this time, faster! After mincing, let it air dry or squeeze through with a paper towel. We need to dry it or else it will become mushy after cooking..
- Add portion by portion to your pan with the garlic-onion-meat. Season with salt and pepper. I added butter when the drippings were absorbed fully, and started looking dry. Keep mixing until everything is cooked..
- Garnish with a sunny side up or scrambled egg strips. Garnish with parsely or green onions on top. I used bell pepper, it's what I had in the fridge..
- Flavored Cauli Rice- I tried a Nasi Goreng paste. Normally it's used on rice, but it worked well with the cauli rice too. Just add a small amount, mix well..
Great substitute for couscous, mashed potatoes, or rice. Still, I wanted to share the basic idea here since it might be new to some of you. This is the simple, pared down version of Cauliflower Couscous without any. Simple Cauliflower Rice aka "Cauli Rice" Recipe (The Best of All Time) More and more starches like rice, couscous, and grits are being replaced by pulverized cauliflower.