Couscous Salad. How to make the best couscous salad recipe with a simple lemon dressing, cucumber and lots of Jump to the Easy Lemon and Herb Couscous Salad Recipe or read on to see our tips for making it. It's also a no cook meal. Speaking of sun dried tomato – this is your secret weapon for this Couscous Salad.
A quick and easy Moroccan couscous salad that's great for a lunchbox or to serve with cold chicken. This vegan couscous salad recipe is both healthy and low-fat. Its ingredients include chickpeas (garbanzo beans), cucumber and bell pepper. You can have Couscous Salad using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Couscous Salad
- Prepare 200 gms of Moroccan couscous.
- You need 250 ml of Water.
- Prepare 200 ml of Vegetable stock.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sliced black olives (15 gms), heaped.
- Prepare 25 gm of Sun dried tomatoes chopped.
- Prepare 75 gm of Green bell pepper diced.
- You need 50 gm of Red/yellow bell pepper, diced.
- You need 5 of Cherry tomatoes quartered.
- You need 75 gm of Red onion finely sliced.
- It’s 120 gm of Cucumber diced.
- You need 3 tsp of Cilantro finely chopped.
- Prepare 80 gm of Feta cheese crumbled.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 tsp of Paprika.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Pesto.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Mint leave finely chopped.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of White sesame seed lightly toasted.
- It’s 50 gm of Walnuts toasted.
- You need 4 tbsp of Pine nuts toasted.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Golden seedless raisins.
- It’s to taste of Lemon juice.
- You need to taste of Salt.
This couscous salad with its roasted squash and citrusy vinaigrette bridges the gap. While the squash and onions are roasting, you can plump the cranberries and make the couscous. Guest post from Skinnytaste dietitian Heather K. Jones, is a healthy dish that the whole family will love!
Couscous Salad step by step
- In a pan heat water and stock to a rolling boil..
- In a large bowl add the couscous. Pour the hot water + stock over it and immediately cover. Keep aside for 10 – 15 minutes. Uncover and fluff the couscous using a fork. Keep aside..
- In another bowl, toss in all the remaining ingredients and mix well..
- Add the pesto coated vegetables into the couscous and mix until all the ingredients are well combined..
- Serve warm or cold..
Hello, I'm excited to guest post here on Skinnytaste again (thank you, Gina. Discover delicious couscous salad recipes from the expert chefs at Food Network. Couscous salad is the perfect party food. Choose from among our most popular renditions for your next picnic or potluck. Bright flavors and crisp raw veggies make a satisfying salad that's hearty enough to be a full meal.