Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan). Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan) Any veggie that you happen to have in the fridge can be used :D. See great recipes for Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan) too! Simple CousCous (Vegan) NoConFUSION Kitchen-by Sofy.
Tunisian Vegetable Soup With Harissa Recipe. See great recipes for Vegan Sweet Potato Salad too! Add tomatoe puree, spices and harissa and coat the onions in the spicey mixture and add the chicken pieces and stir to cover chicken and cook for a further two minutes beiung careful not too burn the spice mixture. You can have Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan) using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan)
- Prepare 1 of + 2 yellow onions.
- It’s 1 of veggie soup square.
- Prepare 100 g of couscous.
- You need 100 g of fresh spinach or other leafy greens.
- It’s 70 g of golden raisins.
- You need 3 tbsp of tunisian spice mix.
- Prepare 4 of yellow peppers.
- It’s 2 of fresh tomatoes.
- You need 6 tbsp of tomatoe puree.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Oregano to tast.
- You need 1 of eggplant.
- You need 4 of carrots.
- It’s 3 of potatoes.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sunflower oil.
Remove from the oven whilst hot and cut into squares leaving in the dish until slightly cooled and then serve with a green salad for lunch or on its own as a starter or with crusty bread and Tunisian Grilled Salad. Itâ€™s a staple dish in Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, and Western Libya, having Amazigh (Berber) origins. Its popularity stretches into Egypt, the Middle East, and Europe as well. Couscous is Tunisiaâ€™s unofficial national dish.
Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan) instructions
- Peel the onions and cut one of them in little squares. Start frying this onion on the sunflower oil and when it starts to get transparent add the spinach ot other leafy greens and add the tomatoe puree. Cook until the spinach becomes soft. Then add 4 cups of water..
- Add the tunisian spice mix, add the peeled veggies: cut the potatoes into big squares, cut the carrots into 4 pieces, cut the eggplant in big squares, cut the tomatoe in big squares too..
- Also add those onions that we left in one piece at the beginning. Also add the soup square and the yellow peppers cut into slices.Add the oregano and salt to taste..
- Next take the "upper part" of the couscous cooking pot and add the couscous, pour a mugful of hot water on it and add the olive oil. Stir to combine..
- Also stir the veggies in the down part of pot also. Put the top part on top of down part and steam the couscous till soft..
- Stir both parts of pot from time to time and add more hot water to couscous if it seems dry..
- Serve the veggie sauce on top of couscous and also add raisins on top. Let me know if you tried this recipe..
But i… Categories: Vegan-friendly, Italian, Buffet, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Breakfast, Tunisian, Non-veg Serves meat, vegan options available. The main ingredients are piri piri chiles, serrano peppers and other hot chiles, plus spices like garlic, coriander, and cumin. Shukran! * Photos by Eleonora Baldwin. Related posts: Spanish Churros Con Chocolate Recipe. Couscous is beloved the world over for its grainy texture and the way it soaks up cooking liquids when served as a side dish for tagine.