Messfouf (sweet couscous). Recipe from Ivan Mather, head chef at Subiaco Hotel in Perth. Makes a great breakfast or special dessert. Sugar syrup may be made in bulk and used when.
Sweet potato couscous bowls topped with roasted sweet potatoes, white beans, almonds, pesto, and avocado. Delicious and made with better-for-you ingredients. I've simplified this recipe for Couscous Mesfouf without losing any of its deliciously complex flavor. You can cook Messfouf (sweet couscous) using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Messfouf (sweet couscous)
- It’s of Steamed couscous.
- Prepare of Butter (depends on quantity of couscous).
- It’s of Sugar.
- It’s of Dry raisin.
- You need of Dates.
- Prepare of Nuts.
Prepare all the mix-ins ahead of time and it takes only minutes to make. The Best Cinnamon Sweet Couscous Recipes on Yummly Sweet Couscous, Sweet Couscous With Stewed Fruit, Sweet Couscous With Rosewater. Although it looks like a whole grain, couscous is actually a type of pasta.
Messfouf (sweet couscous) instructions
- Steam couscous (as shown previously).
- Steam raisin with couscous in the third time after soaking them in water for an hour.
- Use the quantity of couscous you need.
- Add butter and sugar while couscous is hot (the quantity depends in your taste)!.
- Stir well, serve in a plate and decorate it with dates, nuts and bit of honey on the top !.
- To be eaten with a glass of milk or leben.
So couscous as a sweet side dish or a dessert does exist, though I surely haven't seen any Berber recipes with apples… For this dish, I was inspired by (obviously) the mass of apples in my kitchen, the. Try this Sweet and Spicy Couscous Salad recipe, or contribute your own. This quick and easy weeknight couscous dish blends green beans and cubed sweet potato with the flavours of raisins, feta cheese and walnuts.. Brazilian traditional dessert for breakfast: sweet couscous (tapioca) pudding (cuscuz doce) with coconut and cup of coffee. This sweet/spicy salmon will turn up any weeknight.