Stuffed Poblano peppers with pork and couscous. These stuffed poblano peppers are so easy to make! Stuffed vegetables are a wonderful meatless main dish, and these peppers were no disappointment! Alex and I have been on a bit of a Mexican-inspired kick lately, so this vegetarian stuffed poblano peppers idea fit the bill for a meal with friends.
Hi, I made this video while preparing a Blue Apron Recipe — Couscous Stuffed Poblano Peppers. Get Yourself Cooking With Blue Apron. Spinach, Parmesan and Couscous-Stuffed Poblano PeppersBeckies Kitchen. You can have Stuffed Poblano peppers with pork and couscous using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Poblano peppers with pork and couscous
- You need 2 of poblano peppers, cut in half and seeds removed.
- Prepare 1 box of Near East couscous – rosemary/olive oil mix (use whatever you like).
- It’s 1 pound of ground pork.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt & pepper.
- It’s 1-1 1/2 C of white vintage cheddar cheese,, shredded.
- You need of Chicken broth, optional.
This recipe fills poblano peppers with chorizo, rice, and taco sauce for a spicier version of a classic dish. Poblanos seemed like a logical choice for kicking stuffed peppers up a notch. We were amazed by how well these turned out. These healthy stuffed poblano peppers are a simple weeknight meal that's hearty and flavorful.
Stuffed Poblano peppers with pork and couscous step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°..
- Rinse poblano peppers and cut in halves, lengthwise. Remove stem and seeds. Set aside..
- Make couscous according to box. I use 1/2 water and 1/2 chicken broth for liquid amount..
- Spray a saute pan with cooking spray and brown the ground pork until done..
- Once the couscous is done, add the pork and mix together. Fill the peppers with this mixture and put in a 9"x13" casserole dish on a wire rack. Cover the filled peppers with cheese..
- Bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes or until the peppers are heated through and the cheese is a nice crusty brown..
They're great for anyone on a low carb, keto, or gluten free diet. Slice each poblano pepper in half lengthwise. Remove and discard seeds (gloves are recommended). Stuff each pepper half with the. My partner adores these saucy stuffed peppers—and I love how quickly they come together.