Carrot Couscous. This quick chickpea carrot couscous salad isn't technically a grain salad, but it eats like one, and it's also flavorful, filling, and fast. The couscous cooks nearly instantly, and once it's ready, I can mix the ingredients right away, for a fast, warm meal. Gently stir in cilantro and oil; season with salt and pepper.
Elizabeth Chloe is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites. In a large saute pan with lid, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in liquid, salt, and pepper. You can cook Carrot Couscous using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot Couscous
- You need 1 bag of Carrots.
- You need 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
- You need to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Cumin.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 small glass of red wine.
- Prepare of Herbs.
- Prepare to taste of Lemon.
- You need to taste of Honey.
Add carrots, couscous and chickpeas; stir to combine. Stir in stock, cover and turn off heat. Add salt, if necessary, and pepper to taste. Fluff with a fork, strew with the optional chopped parsley and serve with the Mixed Grill.
Carrot Couscous instructions
- Pre-heat oven 200 degrees.
- In large baking pan pour wine, add salt and pepper, paprika, cumin, balsamic vinegar and herbs. If you wish to sweeten add some honey..
- Chops carrots in halves, I like to leave unpeeled just well washed..
- Add carrots to baking pan and cover in mix and then chuck in the oven for 30 mins.
- After 30 mins take carrots out of oven and empty into blender and blitz into couscous consistency..
- Then take mixture and pour back into baking pan and flatten out. Add back to oven for 15-30 mins to dry out excess moisture..
- Pull from the oven and you have carrot couscous..
- Add lemon and salt to taste.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrots, couscous and chickpeas; stir to combine. Stir in stock, cover and turn off heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Fluff with a fork, add chopped parsley and serve.