COUSCOUS SALAD. Place corn in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Cover the pot and remove from heat.
A simple salad loaded with lots of fresh veggies and an easy dressing makes this great for a meal on its own or a delicious side dish! I love to add some kind of complex carby starch to my salads. Mediterranean Couscous Salad is full of bright fresh flavors with a crazy easy homemade dressing! You can cook COUSCOUS SALAD using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of COUSCOUS SALAD
- Prepare 135 gr of couscous.
- Prepare 190 gr of sweet corn kernels, boiled briefly and then drain.
- You need 150 gr of red beans, boiled until tender and then drain.
- You need 375 ml of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 50 gr of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper chopped.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Vegetable oil for frying.
- You need 5 stalks of celery, chopped.
- You need 50 gr of almonds, roasted/oven and roughly chopped.
- You need 30 gr of red paprika/morrón, cut into cubes.
- You need 30 gr of green paprika/morrón, cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
This dish is extra quick to make and filled with juicy ripe tomatoes, fresh crisp cucumber, and crunchy bell peppers. Couscous Salad With Grapes and Feta Kana Okada. Juicy grapes add pops of sweetness to this fresh, tasty side. Stir in minced roasted red peppers, sautéed.
COUSCOUS SALAD step by step
- Heat a little (1 tsp) oil over medium heat, then stir onion and garlic until lightly browned..
- Add couscous and vegetable broth. Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper..
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer until couscous is tender and broth is absorbed. Add corn and beans, toss to mix evenly and cook briefly then set aside..
- Heat a little oil and saute paprika until slightly browned, add a little salt and pepper. Turn off the heat, add honey and lemon juice. Mix well, set aside..
- Serve couscous with almonds and a sprinkling of celery, add sautéed papricc on the side..
This Mediterranean couscous salad strikes the perfect balance of phytonutrients and fiber-rich vegetables plus protein that makes this salad light yet satisfying. This vegetarian side dish celebrates the use of fresh and flavorful ingredients with each bite delivering a burst of flavor. Couscous is an underutilized pantry item. In small bowl, beat lemon juice, oil and salt with wire whisk until well blended; pour over vegetable mixture and toss. Cover and remove from the heat.