Quick Mediterranean Couscous. Find Deals on Mediterranean Couscous in Beans & Grains on Amazon. This Mediterranean couscous salad strikes the perfect balance of phytonutrients and fiber-rich vegetables plus protein that makes this salad light yet satisfying. This vegetarian side dish celebrates the use of fresh and flavorful ingredients with each bite delivering a burst of flavor.
This dish is extra quick to make and filled with juicy ripe tomatoes, fresh crisp cucumber, and crunchy bell peppers. Bring the water, olive oil, and salt to a boil in a saucepan. Pour in the couscous, cover, and immediately remove from heat. You can cook Quick Mediterranean Couscous using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick Mediterranean Couscous
- Prepare 250 grams of mushrooms, chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of instant couscous (about 150g).
- Prepare 6 small of tomatoes, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 of a jar olives, halved.
- It’s 1 of crumbled feta cheese.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- You need 1 of splash olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of salt, ground pepper, dried basil, rosemary, oregano, mint, sweet paprika, chili flakes OR mediterranean herb mix.
- It’s 10 of fresh basil leaves, chopped.
Place couscous in a large bowl, and stir in broth mixture. Quick-cooking couscous is now even better since it's available in a whole wheat version. Fresh sage gives this side dish an earthy taste and aroma. You can use other fresh herbs such as basil, cilantro, or mint instead.
Quick Mediterranean Couscous step by step
- Heat some oil in a big pan or skillet over high heat. Add sliced mushrooms and fry until golden brown.
- Add about 3 cups of water to the same pot and bring to the boil. Then, add couscous.
- Next, cover with a lid reducing the heat to low until couscous is cooked (should take only a couple of minutes). Fluff up with a fork and take off heat.
- Add halved olives, sliced tomatoes, crumbled feta and seasoning listed above. Enjoy :).
To make this an entrée, add a little feta cheese, water-packed tuna, or shredded cooked chicken. This Mediterranean couscous salad is like summer in bowl – a fresh lemon and dill vinaigrette is tossed with Israeli couscous, cucumber, tomato, artichoke hearts, red onion, garbanzo beans and feta cheese! It is a super quick and easy meal prep recipe to get you through the busy work week – it will fill you up and fuel you through your day! A simple salad loaded with lots of fresh veggies and an easy dressing makes this great for a meal on its own or a delicious side dish! I love to add some kind of complex carby starch to my salads.