Couscous Cakes. In a medium bowl, mix together the couscous, cilantro, egg, egg yolk, coriander, lemon zest, salt and pepper. couscous cakes. Did you ever have one of those Mondays where you get so much done and have tons of energy? The Best Couscous Cakes Recipes on Yummly
The primary ingredient in couscous cake is couscous, which is actually a type of pasta. Garlic Lemon Couscous Cakes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This mixture is quite soft and will produce light, moist cakes. You can have Couscous Cakes using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Couscous Cakes
- Prepare 2 cup of Cooked Couscous (I always use Roasted Garlic flavored).
- You need 2 of Eggs, beaten lightly.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh basil, chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Olive Oil.
Tip into a bowl and season. Fluff the couscous with a fork and combine with the chickpea mixture and eggs. NotaCoolMom cooking Couscous Cakes with the kids! Couscous has to be one of the most underrated ingredients in the kitchen.
Couscous Cakes instructions
- In a bowl, combine couscous, eggs, cheese and basil. Mix well with hands..
- Sprinkle flour over the top and mix again..
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet..
- Form couscous mixture into patties. (I use a 1/2 cup measuring cup, pushing the mix in lightly and then turning it out into the pan).
- Gently press the cakes down with a spatula to flatten slightly..
- Brown on both sides until golden, about 3 minutes per side..
- Drain cakes on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve. I always like to serve with thickly sliced tomatoes, but they are delicious all on their own..
Both regular and Israeli couscous can be made with white semolina flour or whole-wheat semolina flour. course = Side dish, sometimes dessert or main course Course Appetizer Better Butter Recipe betterbutter Breads Breakfast Brunch Cake Chaats Condiments Confection Curry Desserts Cookies Ice Cream. Heat oil in saucepan set over medium het. Add scallions; cook, stirring, for three minutes.