Couscous salad. How to make the best couscous salad recipe with a simple lemon dressing, cucumber and lots of Jump to the Easy Lemon and Herb Couscous Salad Recipe or read on to see our tips for making it. It's also a no cook meal. Speaking of sun dried tomato – this is your secret weapon for this Couscous Salad.
A quick and easy Moroccan couscous salad that's great for a lunchbox or to serve with cold chicken. This vegan couscous salad recipe is both healthy and low-fat. Its ingredients include chickpeas (garbanzo beans), cucumber and bell pepper. You can have Couscous salad using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Couscous salad
- It’s 1/2 cup of couscous.
- You need 1 of diced cucumber.
- Prepare 1 of diced tomato.
- You need 5 piece of chopped kalamata olives.
- You need 1 bunch of fresh basil/cilantro.
- It’s 1/4 cup of feta/mozarella.
- You need 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon.
- It’s 1 tsp of granulated sugar.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of Italian seasoning (dried mixed herbs).
This couscous salad with its roasted squash and citrusy vinaigrette bridges the gap. While the squash and onions are roasting, you can plump the cranberries and make the couscous. Guest post from Skinnytaste dietitian Heather K. Jones, is a healthy dish that the whole family will love!
Couscous salad step by step
- Cook the couscous in boiling water as per the package instructions and while it sits chop the cucumber, tomatoes, olives and basil/cilantro..
- In a small bowl whisk your vinegar and lemon juice and to this add the sugar and mix until it dissolves well..
- Remive your couscous from the pot and fluff it with a fork and transfer into a large bowl and let it cool..
- Add all your veggies to the couscous with the feta/mozarella, , Italian seasoning and basil/cilantro..
- Pour in your vinegar mixture and mix well..
- Season with a good amount of salt and pepper. Serve!!.
Hello, I'm excited to guest post here on Skinnytaste again (thank you, Gina. Discover delicious couscous salad recipes from the expert chefs at Food Network. Couscous salad is the perfect party food. Choose from among our most popular renditions for your next picnic or potluck. Bright flavors and crisp raw veggies make a satisfying salad that's hearty enough to be a full meal.