Couscous and Feta Stuffed Red Peppers. I wanted to make stuffed bell peppers that weren't super heavy and cheesy, so I drew some inspiration from Middle Eastern mujaddara and stuffed them with a Then you just toss the lentils and couscous together with feta and basil, stuff the peppers and serve them right away. While the peppers are in the oven, peel the beetroot (use gloves as it can stain). Dice it and tip into a bowl.
This nutrient-stuffed dish won't leave you hungry. What do you get when you give bell peppers center stage on your plate? I often sprinkle another cup of feta over the peppers just before they go in to bake. You can have Couscous and Feta Stuffed Red Peppers using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Couscous and Feta Stuffed Red Peppers
- You need 2 large of red peppers.
- It’s 1 cup of couscous (uncooked).
- You need 1 1/4 cup of liquid (water or broth).
- It’s 1/4 large of purple onion diced.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 4 oz of crumbled feta cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of roasted corn (fresh or frozen).
In lazy late-summer spirit, I settled on this herb-packed roasted red pepper recipe with yogurt sauce. I realize the ingredient list here doesn't look super short, but I promise it goes quickly. Stuff antioxidant-rich bell peppers with couscous and hardworking nutrient powerhouses like zucchini and yellow squash. These red peppers stuffed with couscous, feta and olives are quick to make and incredibly satisfying.
Couscous and Feta Stuffed Red Peppers step by step
- Bring liquid and 1 tbsp. Olive oil to boil in medium saucepan.
- Add couscous and turn off heat. Allow to sit for five minutes then fluff with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- Cut red peppers in half length wise and remove seeds and veins. Place in a baking dish and set aside.
- Add diced onion, crumbled feta, and roasted corn to couscous. Toss gently.
- Stuff peppers with couscous mixture.
- Bake at 400°F for 30 to 40 minutes depending on how soft you like your peppers.
Easy, fast, tasty with a nice look. You may want to try our cheese stuffed green peppers that are fried if you want to see another option. Place the couscous in a heatproof bowl and pour over the hot stock. Cover with a plate and leave to stand for five minutes. Stir through the raisins, coriander and feta cheese then stuff the pepper halves with the couscous.