Vegetable Couscous. Looking for a different way to serve vegetables? These tiny pasta granules act like a magnet, pulling together the flavors of the chicken broth and vitamin-rich veggies. Carrots, celery, peppers and zucchini add fresh crunch and bright color.
Mix in the salt & pepper, paprika, ground coriander, turmeric, celery salt, cumin ground cinnamon, and cayenne pepper (if using). To serve, spread the couscous over a large serving platter and, using a slotted spoon, mound the vegetables in the center. Pour some of the broth over the vegetables and sprinkle with the almonds. You can have Vegetable Couscous using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetable Couscous
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 of red potatoes.
- It’s 1 of sweet potato.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped green pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of bragg's liquid aminos.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of organic whole wheat couscous.
While the vegetables are roasting, cook the couscous. Add the vegetable broth to a sauce pot, place a lid on top, and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add the couscous, turn off the heat, and cover the pot with the lid once again. Let the couscous sit, undisturbed, for ten minutes.
Vegetable Couscous instructions
- In large skillet heat olive oil over medium- high heat for 1 minute.
- Add vegetables and garlic (add your other favorite vegetables).
- Saute for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- While couscous is cooking, add liquid aminos to skillet and continue to saute over medium heat until cooked through.
- Pour vegetables over couscous and enjoy!.
Here, I've developed a vegetarian couscous entree that is savory and slightly sweet with a hint of spice. Dried fruits, cinnamon, and harissa simmer together with vegetables and savory chickpeas. Dissolve the stock cube in a heat proof bowl of boiling water. Cook couscous according to package directions. Meanwhile, brush the zucchini, yellow peppers and eggplant with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.