Chicken Couscous & Greens. This One Pan Moroccan Chicken and Couscous is one of my favorite one pan dinners to date! It has a delicious blend of flavors and textures, it's a healthy dinner. For this Chicken Couscous recipe chicken breasts become chicken thighs (or your own choice of protein) rice becomes couscous Chicken with Couscous.
I like to serve it with a side of fresh fruit. This Moroccan Chicken Couscous is super flavorful and healthy loaded with exotic spices but still Moroccan Chicken Couscous. course = Side dish, sometimes dessert or main course You can cook Chicken Couscous & Greens using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Couscous & Greens
- You need 200 g of skinless chicken thighs.
- It’s 50 g of whole wheat couscous(preferably Israeli pearl couscous).
- You need 40 g of onion(chopped).
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves(minced).
- Prepare 100 g of baby spinach or green chard.
- You need 200 ml of chicken broth(low sodium).
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s of Salt & pepper.
Meal prep made easy with this completely delicious Moroccan chicken couscous salad recipe. Make a big batch and feast all week long. Couscous has to be one of the most underrated ingredients in the kitchen. Made from semolina wheat, couscous is nutty, sweet, and versatile — it also happens to be incredibly quick-cooking.
Chicken Couscous & Greens instructions
- Season the chicken thighs with the ground cumin, cinnamon, thyme, pepper and salt..
- Set a non-stick skillet on high heat. Once hot, add ½ tbsp of olive oil and then add the chicken thighs. Sear them on each side for 3 minutes, then set aside. Don't worry if they have not finished cooking..
- Reduce the heat to medium, the add the rest of the olive oil, onion and garlic. Caramelize and brown the onion for 1-2 minutes..
- Add the couscous to the skillet, and mix it around, ensuring the couscous is covered in oil. If desired sprinkle in the smoked paprika now..
- Toast for 1-2 minutes then add the baby spinach(or chopped chard). Cook until the spinach begins to wilt and soften, about 1 minute..
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken thighs back to the skillet and reduce the heat to low-medium. Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until the couscous is plump and most of the liquid has been absorbed. (Note: it should not be soupy, rather saucy.).
It's off to Northern Africa for the inspiration behind this fabulously simple dish which uses the worlds smallest pasta (couscous) and a whole chicken. Chicken Couscous with Bacon and Corn will be your new favorite one pot chicken dinner! This delicious chicken couscous recipe takes little effort to make and there's virtually zero cleanup! Chicken and couscous makes a quick and tasty dinner, plus tomorrow's packed lunch. Check out the full chicken meal prep series from the Lean Student Chef.