Summertime Couscous Salad. COUSCOUS SUMMERTIME SALAD.loaded with fresh ZUCCHINI, RED BELL PEPPER, RED ONION, & PARSLEY (optional)!! Deronda demonstrates how fast & easy this refreshing COUSCOUS. Stay updated on the latest in exercise and healthy living.
You can prepare it for dinner and use it for lunches the following day. Please tell me the This couscous salad is one of those. Tasted at a potluck, I hunted and used my best detective skills to. You can cook Summertime Couscous Salad using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Summertime Couscous Salad
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of chicken broth or water.
- You need 1 cup of large couscous.
- You need 1/2 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 can of chick peas (drained).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of diced green bell pepper.
- It’s 3/4 cup of diced red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of red onion chopped.
- It’s 3 of green onions chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cilantro chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of hot pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 of Dressing.
- Prepare 1 tsp of honey.
- You need 3 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of Juice of one large lemon.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
This couscous salad makes the most of summer's bounty. This summertime couscous salad from blogger the Saucy Southerner covers all the bases for the perfect Meatless Monday meal or snack. Not only is this chilled salad quick and easy to prepare, but it. Couscous Salad That's Perfect for Picnics or Summer Party.
Summertime Couscous Salad step by step
- Bring broth or water to a boil. Add couscous, olive oil and a dash of salt. Simmer 10-12 minutes. Turn off the heat when almost all the broth is gone. Cover with lid. Couscous will absorb all broth..
- Combine cooked couscous, chick peas, peppers, onion, green onions, cilantro and hot pepper flakes..
- Whisk together honey, olive oil, lemon and salt and pepper to taste combine with couscous mixture. Enjoy!.
This colorful salad makes a fabulous In the summertime, we use it a lot. When you're filling a picnic basket like that, who wants to fill it with. This Couscous Summer Salad with Lime Vinaigrette is light, fresh and flavorful. You can never have enough summer salad recipes to serve at a BBQ or bring as a potluck dish. Eat this as a hearty vegetarian meal or top it with some juicy grilled chicken and pack it in your lunchbox!