Easy Crab Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms. Find Deals on Stuffed Portobello Mushroom in Vegetables on Amazon. This recipe for crab-stuffed portobello mushrooms does double duty as a tasty starter for a casual dinner party, or an easy, light main course for two. The concept for this recipe came from a family friend who used to make an appetizer with store-bought crab cakes that she crumbled and stuffed into mushroom caps.
Gently stir in crab and onion. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining cheese. I concocted this Crab Stuffed Portobello Mushroom recipe on my own. You can cook Easy Crab Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Crab Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- It’s 8-12 of portobello or button mushrooms.
- Prepare of Filling:.
- It’s 6 oz of cream cheese softened.
- Prepare 1 cup of stuffing mix + 1/2 cup hot water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of imitation crab meat.
- You need 1/4 cup of finely chopped green onions.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of parsley.
- You need 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of worstichire sauce.
- You need to taste of Pepper.
I am sure, there are lots of recipes similar to mine floating around the internet. You could bake your mushrooms in a toaster oven or use the regular oven. Wash and take the stems out of the mushrooms,set aside. What's Needed To Make The Crab Stuffing For Stuffed Mushrooms.
Easy Crab Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms step by step
- Preheat oven to 375. Wash mushrooms, remove and discard stems..
- Mix water and stuffing mix and set aside for 5 minutes to soften..
- Mix all filling ingredients and stir in stuffing mix. Lay mushrooms cap side down on a foil lined baking sheet. Scoop about a tablespoon of filling into Each one. Bake uncovered 18-20 minutes. You can place under broiler after baking for 30 seconds to one minute to brown tops if desired and garnish with green onions, parmesan and pepper..
To make these simple crab stuffed mushrooms you need crab meat, lemons, piquante peppers, mayonnaise, chives, and green onions. I've made this recipe using both fresh and canned crab (yes, canned – it's better than you'd imagine) so if you're in a place that you can easily get fresh seafood, you can still easily make. Remove and discard stems from mushrooms. Place caps on a greased baking sheet. Combine oil and garlic; brush over mushrooms.