Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing. Pour ingredients into crumbled cornbread and add the eggs, clam juice, chicken. Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing instructions. Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing Wendy S.
You may need more broth to make the dressing more smooth. Stir in the cornbread mix, onion and garlic powder, crab boil, shrimp or crawfish, onion and pepper. It's a family-favorite recipe that uses all the traditional dressing ingredients—cornbread, sandwich bread, broth, butter, celery, onions—and is a perfect complement to all manner of mains. You can have Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing
- Prepare 6 Boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix.
- Prepare 6 of Eggs.
- You need 2 Cups of Milk.
- It’s 1 Lb of Jimmy Dean or Park Sage Sausage.
- You need 1 Lb of Lump Crab Meat.
- Prepare 1 Box of Chicken Stock.
- It’s 1 Qt of Buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 of Each Diced Red, Yellow, Orange Peppers.
- You need 1 of Large Diced Onion.
- You need 4 of Large Chopped Cloves Garlic.
- It’s to Taste of Poultry Seasoning.
- Prepare 4 Stalks of Diced Celery.
Combine the cubed cornbread, tasso and smoked sausage, cooked vegetables, green onion, parsley and sage in a mixing bowl. Melt the margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. The seafood that I use in this seafood cornbread dressing was budget friendly! I used salad shrimp, and canned lump crab.
Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing step by step
- Mix Corn Muffin Mix, Eggs and Milk into a batter and pour into a well greased casserole pan and bake as per instructions on the box about 30 to 45 minutes. After it is done and cools crumple it up and put in a covered dish on the counter for about 24 hours so it goes slightly stale..
- Fry Sausage in a skillet till fully cooked and drain. Set aside..
- In a 12 quart stock pot add a half a stick of butter and melt it. Add the veggies and sauté till slightly soft..
- Add the Sausage and Crab Meat and combine with the veggies in the pot..
- Add the Garlic and Poultry Seasoning (to taste as it’s strong stuff) and combine with the other ingredients in the pot..
- Add the Butter Milk and Chicken Stock to the pot and stir it all up..
- Add the Crumbled Corn Bread in stages and insure you fully incorporate it all into the pot with all the other good stuff. It’ll be a bit mushy and wet but it’s supposed to be that way..
- Pour the contents of the entire pot into a well greased casserole dish..
- Keep covered in fridge till ready to cook and serve it. When ready preheat your oven to 350 degrees and once heated put casserole in and back for 30 to 45 minutes. Voila! Your done!.
If you want to use fresh crab meat, and larger shrimp you can do so. This seafood dressing is super moist – so you don't have to worry about the shrimp or crab drying out, just FYI! Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fold in crab meat and shrimp. Cook till heated through, stirring. remove from heat and set aside.