Mike's Poseidon Platter With Dungeness Crab Side Salad. This Dungeness Crab Salad showcases the colorful, interesting varieties of vegetables available at farmers' markets during fall and winter. Make the salad: Slice or shave carrots, fennel, radish, rutabaga, and turnips, preferably on a mandoline, into very thin rounds. Table of contents : – Mike's Southwestern Egg Salad On Jalapeño Bagels – Pea salad – Mango salad – Salad Ala Nachos – Jeanine's Classic Caesar Salad Dressing – Mike's Poseidon Platter With Dungeness Crab Side Salad – Chicken Salad w Mixed Lettuce – Haddock Salad (Chicken option).
Ultimate boiled seafoods platter asmr (king crab legs, dungeness crab, snow crab legs, shrimp). Dungeness crab and fresh avocado are two of California's quintessential ingredients. This dish utilizes them both beautifully and puts an innovative You need to allow char-marks to develop so it doesn't stick. You can have Mike's Poseidon Platter With Dungeness Crab Side Salad using 30 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Poseidon Platter With Dungeness Crab Side Salad
- You need of ● For The Crab Legs [ask your fish monger to steam them for you].
- It’s 5 Pounds of Pre-steamed Alaskan King Crab Legs & Claws.
- Prepare of ● For The Dungeness Crab [ask your fish monger to steam them 4U].
- It’s 1 (5 Pound) of or 2 2.5) Dungeness Crab [reserve shells for salad].
- It’s of ● For The Shrimp [raw – dethawed].
- Prepare 1 Bag of Jumbo Shrimp [21-25 count – de-veined – tails left on].
- You need to taste of Lemon Pepper.
- You need 4 of Metal Scewers.
- It’s of ● For The Corn.
- It’s 4 of LG Fresh Corn Cobs [shucked – halved – no salt].
- You need as needed of Whole Milk & Water [equal parts enough to cover corn].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Salted Butter.
- You need of ● For The Marinade [to be used on all seafood].
- It’s of Olive Oil – Lemon Juice – Garlic Juice [equal parts as needed].
- You need 1 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Fresh Course Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Butter Brush.
- You need of ● For The Garlic Butter [as needed].
- Prepare 1 Box of Kerrygold Garlic & Herb Butter.
- Prepare of ● For The EZ Crab Salad [as needed].
- You need of Top Shells From Dungeness Crabs.
- It’s of Fine Shreadded Butter Lettuce.
- You need of Fine Minced Green Bell Peppers.
- You need of Fine Minced Celery.
- It’s of Fine Minced Parsley.
- Prepare of Fine Minced Shallots.
- You need to taste of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare of Real Mayonnaise [just enough to coat mixture].
- Prepare to taste of Cracked Black Pepper.
- It’s to taste of Sea Salt.
Swap option: Instead of Dungeness crab, substitute shrimp salad, chicken salad or tuna poke. The Best Dungeness Crab Salad Recipes on Yummly Crab Louie Salad – Crab Louis SaladWhat's Cooking America. Tony's Crab Shack: Awesome Dungenous Crab Platter!
Mike's Poseidon Platter With Dungeness Crab Side Salad step by step
- Pictured is the bulk of what you'll need for 2.5 servings. If choosing to steam your own legs – steam with lemon, garlic and white wine. When you can smell your legs – they're done. The Dungeness Crab will take 7 to 8 minutes per pound if choosing to steam. More seafood was served but this was all my students could fit into frame..
- Start your corn cobs. Add equal parts milk and water. Milk adds sweetness to corn. Add enough fluid to cover your corn. Also, add your butter. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Watch your pot as the milk can cause it foam up and overflow..
- Make your marinade and coat all seafood generously with it. Not much is needed..
- Scewer your Jumbo Shrimp, marinate and refrigerate. Also, add a few dashes of lemon pepper to your shrimp..
- It's time to grill! Clean grill, spray with non stick spray and heat. Here you're only heating your King Crab Legs and Dungeness Crab. Try to keep your temp at 400° However, you'll be grilling your shrimp. Over direct heat, grill for 5 to 7 minutes turning occasionally until shrimp is pink on the outside and opaque on the inside…
- Gently heat your garlic Kerrygold butter..
- Plate seafood hot with lemon wedges to the side with plenty of napkins..
- Since you have all of your butters out at room temperature, consider serving fresh, warm crispy breads. Also, consider a honey butter. It's a great contrast to the saltiness of your seafood and other butters. I've got a great honey butter recipe under my profile if interested. ☺.
- Pull your top shells from your Dungeness Crabs and clean. Boil for two minutes..
- A pulled and cleaned top shell from crab pictured..
- The inside of your cleaned shell pictured that's been boiled for 2 minutes. You do have the option of leaving what we call, "The Mustard," within the shell but, I warn you – you'd better like the crazy taste of fishy if you do! 🐬.
- Create your crab salad by chopping your vegetables and adding your other chilled ingredients. See recipe above. Mix well..
- Pack your shell with your craby chilled rich goodness! Garnish with fresh parsley, fresh ground black pepper and lemon wedges Enjoy!.
- Check this out. my students even bought their moms a special pink fragrant rose at the end of their meal. How stinking sweet was that?! I swear – so sweet I darned near got a cavity!.
Stop in at Port O'Call to get everything you need to take the family on the docks and catch our legendary Dungeness Crab. Dungeness crab season has officially arrived in the Bay Area. Here are a few more delicious recipes and ways to prepare crab: Asparagus With Avocado Puree, Dungeness Crab Salad and Egg Yolk Vinaigrette by Pierre Tumlin (ex-Hog & Rocks) Lemony Tagliatelle Pasta With Dungeness Crab. Everything you need to know to catch Dungeness Crab. Includes gear, best baits, best traps, and where and when to go.