Corny Crab Chowder. Buy Groceries at Amazon & Save. We Are the Largest Online Restaurant Supplier Serving Restaurants and Individuals. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
Crab and Corn Chowder is so creamy and delicious! The corn and crab give it a little sweetness and some bacon adds saltiness. Serve with crusty bread for a filling meal. You can have Corny Crab Chowder using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Corny Crab Chowder
- Prepare 8 oz of fresh crab meat or refrigerated canned crab meat.
- It’s 2 T of olive oil.
- It’s 5-6 of russet potatoes, peeled and chopped (about 13 oz).
- Prepare 1 of small onion, chopped.
- It’s 48 oz of low-sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1-1/2 c of frozen corn.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- It’s 1 T of dried basil.
- Prepare 1/2 c of half and half.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare of chopped fresh parsley or dried oregano to garnish.
This chowder is every bit as good as the best Clam Chowder. For best flavor, use fresh crab meat, not canned or imitation. Stir in the onion, green pepper, celery, and garlic. Heat butter and oil in large saucepan on medium heat.
Corny Crab Chowder instructions
- In large pot, heat oil. Add potatoes and onions. Cook until onion is tender. Add broth and simmer 20 min..
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on low 5 min. Serve with garnish if using..
Stir in milk and chicken broth. Make sure the chowder is not at a rapid boil at this point or the half and half will separate. If need to, reduce heat to medium/low. Stir the shrimp and crabmeat into the chowder. Stir in the heavy cream and corn kernels.