Mike's EZ Crab Cakes. Best Crab Cakes You'll Ever Have! Make Light And Fluffy Classic Crab Cakes At Home Seasoned With Old Bay®. Maryland Crab Cakes II "The crab cakes were incredible!" – Barbara Gunn.
Ready-to-go crabmeat makes these delicate patties easier than other crab cake recipes. You can also form the crab mixture into four thick patties instead of eight crab cakes. —Charlene Spelock, Apollo, Pennsylvania. The Best Crabcakes – All of them. You can have Mike's EZ Crab Cakes using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's EZ Crab Cakes
- Prepare 2 of lbs Fresh Or 4 (6 oz) Cans Lump Crab Meat [fully drained & picked for shells].
- Prepare 1 Cup of Regular Bread Crumbs [+ 1 cup reserves for coating].
- You need 1/2 Cup of Roasted Garlic Bread Crumbs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Minced Parsley [+ reserves for garnish].
- It’s 3 of LG Green Onion Stalks [fine chop].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Multi-colored Bell Peppers [fine chop].
- It’s 1 tsp of Minced Garlic [+ 1 tsp Lemon Pepper & Black Pepper to taste].
- You need 2 tsp of Brown Mustard.
- Prepare 4 Dashes of Hot Pepper Sauce.
- It’s 2 Dashes of Worshestershire Sauce.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 of LG Lemon [juiced + reserves for garnish].
- It’s 1 of LG Egg.
- You need of Frying Oil [as needed].
- You need 1 Packet of Knoors Hollandaise Sauce [optional].
For I'm blessed to live in the great state of Maryland and if this state gets anything right, its crabs. The tastiest critters and the best spices in the WORLD. Dip both sides of each patty into cracker crumbs, pressing gently to adhere crumbs. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and melt the butter.
Mike's EZ Crab Cakes step by step
- A great brand of crab meat! Check closely for any shells..
- Mix everything together except for oil, hollandaise sauce and anything that says, "+ reserves." Add crab last and don't over mix. You'll want those lumps in this dish..
- Make your crab cakes to the size you desire. Smaller or larger. [smaller are less likely to fall apart upon flipping] It's up to you. Before plating your cakes on a plate, lightly spray plate with Pam to keep them from sticking..
- Place cakes in the fridge for 1 full hour to chill. Otherwise they'll fall apart while frying..
- After 1 hour, pull cakes from fridge and generously coat/pack cakes well with your reserved bread crumbs..
- Place oil in a pan and heat. Fry crab cakes until they're golden brown. About 5 minutes. Be careful when flipping them. Allow them to fry on one side for as long as you can without burning before gently flipping them. Upon flipping, use a spatula to lift cakes and another spatulas back side to secure the cake on its top. Then flip. Drain cakes on paper towels..
- If opting, make your Hollandaise Sauce as per manufacturer's directions. Know it will require both milk and butter. For additional flavor, add a couple of dashes of Old Bay and cracked black pepper to your sauce..
- Serve straight or, lightly drizzle Hollandaise Sauce over your crab cakes and garnish with fresh parsley. Definitely serve with lemon wedges to the side. Enjoy!.
Packed with lumps of juicy crab meat, savory seasonings, and flaky breadcrumbs. Crab cakes started as a staple dish in Maryland and Virginia but have become famous all over the United States. This family favorite is loaded with sweet and tender crab meat, Old Bay Seasoning, and breadcrumbs. Crab cakes are always in the appetizers sections of fancy seafood restaurants. So a lot of people are intimidated to make them at home.