Whole Wheat Apricot Cranberry Biscotti. Learn how to prepare this easy Whole-Wheat Cranberry Biscotti recipe like a pro. Your guests will get an inconspicuous fiber infusion from the whole-wheat flour and cranberries. This whole wheat cranberry pecan version is my favorite biscotti variation yet!
Matt made this and it is SO incredibly good with coffee. An Italian Biscotti recipe made from nuts and/or dried fruits. Chocolate Raspberry Whole-wheat BiscottiA Brown Table. You can have Whole Wheat Apricot Cranberry Biscotti using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Apricot Cranberry Biscotti
- You need 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rolled oats.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- You need 2 tbsp of unsalted butter melted.
- You need 1 tbsp of apple sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced dried apricots.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped dried cranberries.
Easy and festive whole wheat vegan biscotti with cranberries and pistachios. Why have I not made biscotti before?? I whipped up a batch of Whole Wheat Cranberry Pistachio Vegan Biscotti for a holiday party last weekend and I can't wait to get in the kitchen and make more flavors. Apricot and cranberry biscotti will also make a lovely Christmas present.
Whole Wheat Apricot Cranberry Biscotti step by step
- Preheat oven to 350F..
- Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl..
- In a separate small bowl whisk together the egg, maple syrup, butter, and apple sauce..
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mixture thoroughly until a wet dough forms..
- Stir in the apricots and cranberries..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the dough into a 12'' by 4'' log and place it in the middle of the baking sheet. As the dough is wet, it will be easier if you partially make this log first in your hands before placing it on the baking sheet. Then press it into the correct dimensions..
- Bake for 20 minutes then cool on a baking rack for 10..
- Slice the log into 1/3'' slices and lay them face up on the baking sheet. Bake for another 6 minutes then flip and bake again for 6 minutes..
Package in cellophane bags or tissue paper-lined gift boxes and tie with ribbon. For a twist buy a special mug or coffee cup and present the biscotti inside. I still hate dealing with these stupid cranberries. Whole wheat cranberry dark chocolate biscotti with flecks of orange zest, raw honey in place of sugar, and a generous drizzle of dark chocolate are sitting nice and pretty on my plate (ahem, hand) this morning, and with that, it feels very very verrrry good to be home. Even though our house is crazy and.