Old Fashioned cranberry sauce. Learn how to make Old-Fashioned Cranberry Sauce. Heat oil in pan over MH heat. Sharing some Good Old Fashioned New England Recipes.
This one is certain to become a new family favorite during the holidays as an accompaniment. Heat sugar and water to boiling in large saucepan; add cranberries. See and discover other items: cranberry sauces, canned cranberry sauce. You can have Old Fashioned cranberry sauce using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Old Fashioned cranberry sauce
- Prepare 1 of (12 to 16oz) bag of cranberries.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of cold water.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar.
If possible, present the turkey on your largest serving dish, surrounded by crispy roast potatoes, and garnished with large sprigs of parsley or watercress and maybe a sprig of holly. Make sure no one eats the berries. Serve with cranberry sauce and bread sauce. Also known as "cranberry jelly" this old-fashioned New England recipe for homemade cranberry sauce is simple and flavorful.
Old Fashioned cranberry sauce instructions
- Over medium heat in a saucepan, cook together the water and sugar, stir as you go..
- After about 5 minutes of boiling, add the cranberries. Continue to stir for another 5 minutes; still over medium heat..
- Once the cranberries start to pop, remove from heat and place in a bowl with a cover. Allow the sauce to cool down, then place the covered sauce in the refrigerator for a few hours..
Feel free to adjust the amount of sugar to your liking. Eat Yourself Skinny!: Old-Fashioned Cranberry Sauce. This old fashioned Cranberry Relish is full of orange, lemon, ginger and fresh cranberries, which not only gives it a complex, delicious favor but a great texture. Cranberry sauce is an essential part of every holiday meal for one simple reason – it cuts through the heaviness of all the other dishes. I was especially impressed when my two-year old nephew who had only had it from the can LOVED this and my father-in-law who never eats cranberry sauce had two.