Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread. An easy recipe for orange glazed cranberry bread. Cut in the cold butter with a pastry cutter, your hands, or two forks until mixture resembles pea-size crumbs.; Make the bread: Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together. Cranberry Orange Bread — The fresh cranberries in this cranberry orange bread contrast nicely with the sweet orange glaze, making it the perfect blend of sweet and tart!
In a medium bowl, whisk confectioner's sugar, orange juice, melted butter and vanilla until smooth. Add more or less orange juice for a thinner or thicker glaze. This orange cranberry bread is incredibly moist, dense, and full of orange and cranberry in every bite. You can have Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread
- You need 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need of Zest of 1 large orange.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, slightly beaten.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh orange juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh cranberries, roughly chopped.
- You need of Orange Glaze Ingredients.
- It’s 1 cup of icing sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of fresh orange juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of orange zest.
It's even topped with a sweet orange glaze that puts it over the top. We think it's the best orange cranberry bread around! Orange-Glazed Cranberry Bread – a delicious breakfast bread or dessert. The most incredibly moist Cranberry Orange Bread with a delicious Orange Icing Glaze.
Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with baking spray (or grease with butter and coat evenly in flour), set aside..
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder..
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and orange zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant. Whisk into the flour mixture, set aside..
- In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, oil, eggs, orange juice, and vanilla..
- Slowly add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined..
- Fold in cranberries. Pour batter into prepared pan..
- Bake for 70-75 min or until toothpick comes out clean. If your loaf starts to go too brown, drape a piece of foil over the top to finish baking..
- Remove bread from oven, place on a cooling rack for 15 min. Loosen the sides of the bread with a knife. Carefully remove loaf from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack..
- While bread is cooling, prepare the orange glaze: in a small bowl, convince icing sugar, orange juice, and orange zest. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over bread, cut and serve..
- Store the bread, wrapped on the counter, for 2-3 days. It also freezes well, so I like to cut the loaf into thirds and take out a portion to thaw when preparing for company..
A classic iced Christmas pound cake made with real cranberries, and fresh citrus oranges. Slice and serve little bite-size pieces in cupcake liners for a holiday party dessert table. This cranberry bread is a sweet and tender quick bread loaded with fresh cranberries and topped with a tangy orange glaze. Cranberry bread is perfect for dessert, an after school snack, or served with a cup of tea. Super moist Cranberry Orange Bread drizzled with an orange zest glaze, bursting with tart cranberries.