Simple Cranberry Chicken Salad. A light chicken salad with the sweetness of dried cranberries and the crunch of pecans can be served as a sandwich filling or eaten as is. Good immediately; even better if chilled for several hours. This simple and tasty Cranberry Chicken Salad is a great fridge staple for a quick, protein-filled snack or sandwich filling.
Made with yogurt, dijon mustard, herbs, and fresh lemon then tossed with pecans and cranberries. Looking for a more traditional chicken salad recipe? Try my easiest ever chicken salad. You can cook Simple Cranberry Chicken Salad using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Cranberry Chicken Salad
- Prepare 2 of small boneless skinless chicken breasts – fully cooked,chopped.
- It’s 2 of hardboiled eggs – chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of small onion – finely chopped.
- You need 1/3 cup of dried cranberries.
- It’s 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 tbs of dijon mustard.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
I am always looking for new lunch ideas. I get tired of eating the usual salad or sandwiches with deli meat. The other day I decided I would make one of my childhood favorites — chicken salad sandwiches. My twin girls aren't very picky so I figured I would make.
Simple Cranberry Chicken Salad instructions
- Place chicken, onion, cranberries, mayonnaise, and dijon in a medium bowl. Stir to combine until well blended. Taste. Add salt and pepper if desired..
- Gently fold in chopped hard boiled eggs. Cover. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving. Enjoy!.
- Note: I chopped my chicken down to a little bigger than 1/4 inch pieces, and my onion to about 1/8 inch pieces. Eggs were about the same size as the chicken..
Cranberry pecan chicken salad is simple, delicious, and comforting recipe to whip up in a pinch. It's easy to make ahead on busy days or for entertaining. As an added bonus, most of the ingredients needed are ones you may already have on hand. When cool enough to handle, cut chicken into cubes. In a large bowl, whisk mayonnaise and lemon juice until smooth.