Holiday Cranberry Sauce. Save On Organic Food, Natural Snacks, Nut Butters, Tea, Coffee, and Bars, at Vitacost®! How to Make Holiday Cranberry Sauce. While the sugar and water heat, zest the oranges over the pot, so the zest goes right into the pot.
And we have plenty of favorite homemade options. I like to serve this dish over mashed potatoes and with a side of Holiday Cranberry Sauce." The casserole proves a delightful medley of veggies like celery, yellow onion, and green onion with pops of flavor from fresh garlic, garlic salt, parsley and more. The easy-to-assemble entrée is accompanied by a five-ingredient cranberry sauce, where. You can cook Holiday Cranberry Sauce using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Holiday Cranberry Sauce
- It’s 1 package (12 oz.) of whole cranberries.
- You need 2/3 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2/3 cup of cran-apple juice.
- You need 1 of apple, peeled, cored, and chopped.
- You need 1 of orange, zest, then peeled and quartered.
- You need 1/2 cup of raisins.
- Prepare 1 Tbs. of fresh ginger, grated.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp. of nutmeg (grated or powder).
- You need 1/4 Tsp. of clove (powder).
- It’s 1/4 Tsp. of cinnamon (powder).
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, etc.).
Cranberry Sauce, or Cranberry Jam, is a sauce made of fresh cranberries commonly found in North America. Cranberry Sauce is used as a condiment during the winter months and holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. This recipe is very much like making a jam on the stovetop like my easy Blueberry Jam or this Strawberry Jam. Mix the cranberries, sugar, orange juice, orange zest, ground cloves, and cinnamon sticks together in a saucepan.
Holiday Cranberry Sauce step by step
- Wash the cranberries and discard any softened ones. Place them in a medium size pot. Add the sugar, juice, and apple pieces..
- Begin to zest the outer skin of the orange over the pot. Finger swipe the remains from the zester into the pot. With a potato peeler, peel 5-6 strips or threads from the skin for later use as a garnish..
- Next cut the orange in quarter slices. Cut away the orange fruit from the skin. Remove the white thread pieces from the fruit and discard. Cut the fruit pieces up in 1” chunks and set aside..
- Add to the pot, the raisins, fresh ginger, and all the spices. Begin to heat over medium-high heat. Bring to a slight boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add the nuts and orange pieces when cranberries have popped and are softened, and simmer for 2-3 more minutes. Stir this lightly. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool for 5 minutes..
- Place the cranberry sauce in a serving bowl, top with the orange peel threads, and place in the refrigerator to cool completely before serving..
Allrecipes has the best recipes for holiday cranberry sauce, complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips.. Tangy Cranberry Sauce, Cranberry Sauce with Orange Juice, Honey, and Pears, Naturally Sweetened Cranberry Sauce, Instant Pot® Port Cranberry Sauce, Cranberry Sauce with Orange Juice Make this simple cranberry punch a holiday tradition this coming Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's. Holiday Cranberry Sauce (recipe follows), for serving. Combine in a heavy pan and cook low and slow until most of the cranberries have popped, and the sauce has thickened. Wash and pick over cranberries, discarding any that are soft.