Pineapple Orange Cranberry Sauce. This delicious and flavorful side dish comes together in no time at all! The quick, versatile and healthy recipe comes from Adrienne Nicchio of North Merrick, New York. Pineapple-Orange Cranberry Sauce Recipe photo by Taste of Home Next Recipe.
This easy homemade Pineapple Orange Cranberry Sauce is the perfect combination of sweet and tart with a hint of vanilla. It's a must-have Thanksgiving side dish that is sure to be a hit! If you've never made homemade cranberry sauce, you should definitely give it a try this Thanksgiving. You can have Pineapple Orange Cranberry Sauce using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pineapple Orange Cranberry Sauce
- You need 1 (12 ounce) of bag fresh cranberries.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of fresh pineapple that's been cut into a 1/2-inch dice (you can use canned, but reduce the sugar by 1/4 cup or so).
- It’s 1 of +1/4 to 1+1/2 cups sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need of the zest of an orange.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need of see notes about appropriate spices in the story section above.
This Pineapple Orange Cranberry Sauce Recipe is an old recipe from the blog but I re did the photos and I wanted to go ahead and get them uploaded. The old photos looked awful and I'm pretty happy with how these turned out. Learn how to cook great Pineapple orange cranberry sauce. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Pineapple orange cranberry sauce recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips.
Pineapple Orange Cranberry Sauce step by step
- Put all ingredients except spices in a medium saucepan, stir, and bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring often..
- Reduce the heat to medium low and continue simmering, stirring occasionally, until almost all of the cranberries pop. (About 10 minutes.).
- Remove from heat and stir in spices at this point. The residual heat will infuse the sauce with the spices. (I tend to have a light hand with the spices because once you've overcomplicated your food with spices, it's very hard to correct. You can always add more, but there's very little you can do to change or cover it up once you've added too much.).
- Cool and store in lidded container(s) in the fridge..
- Enjoy! :).
The secret in this classic cranberry sauce variation is pineapple juice! The secret in this classic cranberry sauce variation is pineapple juice! By adding mandarin orange juice didn't need to add water to make a. Cranberry sauce gets an added bonus of pineapple and walnuts simmered into the mix. Stir in orange liqueur for an extra punch.