Cranberry Sauce. Classic, easy and delicious homemade Thanksgiving cranberry sauce! Here's how to make cranberry sauce from scratch. Remove from heat and place sauce in a bowl.
Its tangy-sweet flavor cuts the richness of turkey and stuffing, its crimson color brightens an otherwise beige meal. Whether you adore it or ignore it. I know it's a bold claim, but seriously, there are no. You can have Cranberry Sauce using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cranberry Sauce
- Prepare 1 bag of fresh cranberries (about 12oz).
- You need 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare of juice of 1 orange + water to equal 1 cup.
- Prepare of zest of 1 orange.
- You need 1/2 cup of toasted walnuts, chopped.
Though some people harbor a soft spot for the canned stuff, we think the best cranberry sauce is a different beast. How do I make homemade cranberry sauce? All you have to do is combine cranberries, water, and sugar in a saucepan and cook down the cranberries. Cranberry Sauce is the perfect complement to every turkey dinner.
Cranberry Sauce instructions
- In large sauce pot add berries, sugar, liquid, and zest.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cook for 8-12 minutes.
- Pour into ceramic serving dish, cool completely.
- Add walnuts around the edge as garnish.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- This is a great side dish, but can also be served as jam the next morning on leftover rolls or as a spread in your leftover turkey sandwiches (add a little horseradish to the sandwich spread).
Nothing is more satisfying than the flavor Traditionally, cranberry sauce goes with the Thanksgiving turkey, but even chicken, goose. Making your own cranberry sauce from scratch is so easy, and you can make it days ahead. I can't have a good Thanksgiving or Christmas without an incredible homemade Cranberry Sauce recipe! Find your new favorite cranberry sauce recipe with classic takes (and twists) on this must-have Tyler's cranberry sauce is quick and simple. Just simmer fresh cranberries, sugar, orange zest and.