Cranberry Red Wine Meatballs. Find Your New Favorite Wines Online Today. Smoked meatballs braised in a sweet and savory Cranberry Pinot Noir Red Wine Sauce is one of our all time favorite holiday appetizers. These cranberry meatballs are ALWAY a hit at any party or gathering!
Add the dried cherries and wine and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook until the wine is reduced by half. Add the remaining sauce ingredients, stirring to combine, and bring to a boil. You can cook Cranberry Red Wine Meatballs using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cranberry Red Wine Meatballs
- It’s 2 cups of whole berry cranberry sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of firmly packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of your favorite red wine.
- It’s 2 tsp of hot Chinese mustard.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 batch of meatballs (cooked).
Cocktail meatballs make a great holiday appetizer to serve your family and friends. The delicious cranberry sauce is quick and easy to make. It is not too sweet with a cranberry and Pinot Noir flavor and received lots of compliments. Place frozen meatballs in a slow cooker.
Cranberry Red Wine Meatballs instructions
- Add cranberry sauce, brown sugar, red wine, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce to a sauce pan..
- Heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Be sure cranberries don't thicken too much..
- Add meatballs to the pan, stirring to coat and heat thoroughly..
- Serve warm.
- Alternately, you can pour sauce over meatballs in a crockpot set to warm for serving..
Cranberry sauce isn't just for turkey anymore! Combined with a few other ingredients, the Thanksgiving staple makes a perfect meatball topper. —Tammy Neubauer, Ida Grove, Iowa Skip the meatball ingredients and baking instructions and use a good quality frozen meatball in the recipe. Reduce the slow cooker setting to low for serving. Transfer to serving platter, garnish with fried sage, and serve with red cooking wine cranberry sauce. For the Red Cooking Wine Cranberry Sauce: In a medium-sized saucepan add butter and oil and place on medium heat.