Steamed artichokes. Steamed artichokes are fun to eat and easy to make. Cut stem from artichokes and discard, making sure the bottom of each artichoke is flat. Snip the thorny ends from each artichoke leaf with a pair of kitchen scissors.
These Instant Pot Steamed Artichokes are extra quick and easy to make in the pressure cooker! Place the artichokes in the steaming liquid, bottom up. The artichokes are done when a knife is inserted into the base and there is no resistance. You can cook Steamed artichokes using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steamed artichokes
- Prepare 2 medium of fresh artichokes.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of melted butter salted or unsalted your choice ).
- You need 3 piece of parsley stems optional.
Artichokes can seem intimidating if you have never cooked or eaten one, but they are packed Steam artichokes to preserve as many of the vegetable's nutrients as possible. Rinse your artichoke under cold water. Pat dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper towel. Remove any stray leaves from the stem of the artichoke.
Steamed artichokes step by step
- Trim artichokes with food safe scissors..
- Cut stem off to form a flat surface..
- Bring water, salt, lemon juice, and parsley stems to a boil. Crinkle up some foil, place in bottom of pan to sit artichokes on if you do not have a steamer insert.
- Return to boil. Color reduce heat and steam, for approximately 20 minutes. Or until a leaf moves easily when you pull with fingers ..
- Meanwhile, melt butter, place in 2 bowls for dipping..
- To serve place artichoke on plate pull off leaves, dip them in butter, scrap with teeth, mmm yummy. When you get into the fuzzy choke part do not eat it, discard. eat the heart, which is the meaty part, dipped in the butter. Add more lemon juice to the butter if you want..
Pull off any damaged or brown leaves and discard. Fit with a steamer basket and place artichokes inside; season with salt and pepper. We love these everyday delicacies for their simplicity. Using a serrated-blade knife, cut off the stems of the artichokes so that they sit flat. Ocean Mist Farms video demonstrates how to steam an Artichoke.