Pistachio and cranberry biscotti. I also added even cups of dried cranberries and pistachios. I ALWAYS bake biscotti on parchment paper! This tasty biscotti is studded with dried cranberries and crunchy pistachios.
An easy and delicious recipe for classic biscotti: crispy, crunchy cookies with pistachios, hazelnuts, and dried cranberries. These cookies are perfect with a cup of tea or coffee during the cold winter months! Wrap them up and give as gifts, too! You can cook Pistachio and cranberry biscotti using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pistachio and cranberry biscotti
- It’s 1 stick of margarine.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 of flax egg ( 1 tsp flaxseed powder + 2 Tbsp water).
- It’s 1 of orange zest.
- It’s 2 cups of AP flour +1/2 cup extra if needed.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 of tea salt and black pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped pistachio.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dry cranberries.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of tea orange essence or vanilla essence.
- It’s of Juice of one orange (1/2 cup).
Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti are wonderfully crisp and crunchy and they are dressed for the holidays with bright red dried cranberries and lovely green pistachio nuts. These biscotti are lower in fat than most cookies as they do not contain butter which makes them a nice alternative to all the other rich. Cranberry-Pistachio Biscotti. cranberry-pistachio biscotti Dessert Italian. These Italian biscotti cookies are loaded with pistachios and cranberries, twice baked.
Pistachio and cranberry biscotti step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking tray with parchment paper. Rub orange zest with sugar. Mix flax powder with warm water and keep it aside..
- In a large bowl cream the margarine,orange zested sugar unti light and fluffy about 2 minutes. Add flax egg, orange essence and mix well.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Now add this dry mix with wet mix. Use orange juice as required. Mix cranberry and pistachio and mix whole thing again. Make two logs 2 inches wide. Put them by keeping 3 inches distance in between..
- Bake them for 35 to 40 minutes. Bake until golden brown. Remove from oven and completely about 10 minutes. Now with sharp bread knife slice them about 1/2 inches thick. Now arrange them back in to baking sheet cut side facing down. Bake again for 15 minutes flipping them on other side in between. Remove from oven and wait until completely cool..
My husband always brings up the Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti I posted last year. I try not to make those too often because the two of us have no self-control when I bake them (so good!). This recipe for cranberry-pistachio biscotti is adapted from "Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook." View image. Cranberry-Pistachio Biscotti. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Cranberries Pistachio Christmas Thanksgiving Italian Baking Dessert Dinner Party Picnic Wedding Potluck Bridal Shower Vegetarian Baking Powder Eggs Butter Nuts Brunch Cookies Snack Salt Holidays Flour Sugar Gift Ideas Fall Winter Biscotti Easy.