Cranberry Ice Cream. Cranberry Ice Cream. "A traditional treat for Christmas and Thanksgiving, this recipe was my great-grandmother's," relates Nona Dumas of Wilmar, Arkansas. Source: Manny Haider and Jessica Drakulich, Johnson & Wales University. What a perfect ice cream that would make, and what an unexpected Thanksgiving dessert to scoop But there is one place that I've seen a dried cranberry: in England, where at school, my best friend.
Cranberry ice cream and ice cream spoon in a metal container on the kitchen table, selective Vanilla and chocolate ice cream balls and chocolate crumbs with cranberry.. In a large pot, add cranberries and enough water to cover. Boil until cranberries begin to pop. You can cook Cranberry Ice Cream using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cranberry Ice Cream
- You need 10 oz of Cranberry Puree, see my note above.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 1 1/2 Cups of Regular Milk.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of Lemon Juice.
Drain and put through a food mill placed over a large bowl. Ice cream is undeniably delicious, and adding fresh cranberries only makes it better. This recipe will yield you a frozen treat as good as any you've had—it nails all the wonderful flavor, tanginess. Whisk the yolks and sugar together in a small bowl until smooth.
Cranberry Ice Cream step by step
- Blend together all of the ingredients together in a blender or a use a hand mixer. It is cool if there are still pieces of cranberry in the ice cream mixture..
- Let sit in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight..
- Turn on the ice cream maker machine, add the ice cream mixture, and follow the directions of your ice cream maker..
- When done, place it into the freezer and let it freeze for at least 2 hours in an airtight container..
Slowly whisk in the hot cream mixture. Break cranberry sauce apart; drain well, reserving all syrup possible. Peel and dice orange sections, reserving orange juice. Cranberry ice cream with white chocolate ganache. My mom would probably love to try some of that!