Cream Cheese Ogura Cake. Cream cheese ogura-never heard of it, but may be interesting to try. The pinner before me said it wasn't very flavorful or sweet. This is another lovely light cheesecake infused with coffee flavour with an extremely delicate texture too!
Learn how to bake a proper ogura cake with an impossibly airy and soft texture. This version with parmesan and cheddar is just perfect for cheese lovers. Baking an ogura cake is all about mastering the right techniques, and the first is making sure to beat your eggs properly. You can cook Cream Cheese Ogura Cake using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream Cheese Ogura Cake
- Prepare of Yolk batter:.
- You need 200 gr of cream cheese (soften).
- Prepare 50 gr of unsalted butter.
- You need 50 gr of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 5 of egg yolk.
- It’s 50 gr of cake flour.
- Prepare 150 ml of milk (slightly warm).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon zest.
- It’s of Egg white batter:.
- It’s 5 of egg white.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 50 gr of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
In JCC, there are cream cheese, butter, whipping cream…; but Ogura cake only requires oil and egg yolks as ingredients for fat. Ogura cake has its root in Malaysia. It is inspired by, of course, the JCC, which may explain why it has the name of "Ogura", which, translated from Japanese, means "lovesick". Delicious cake, extra crumbed on the outside, soft and moist in the inside, with a hidden cream cheese surprise in the center.
Cream Cheese Ogura Cake instructions
- Preheat your oven into 312°F or 160°C..
- Prepare your 18×18 cm round mould. Lay the base with baking paper, no need for sides. Use a mould that looks like a bowl, or without connection for best result, so that your cake will not get too moist inside. (No need for greasing or dusting either).
- Melt your cream cheese and butter with double boiler method (low heat), stir occasionally using balloon whisk..
- Take off from your stove, add sugar, stir it until all combine, add flour (divide it into 1/3 each time you pour in), after all completely combine, add egg yolks one at a time, and continue with milk. Stir them until all smoothly combine..
- Strain the yolk batter to prevent lumpy batter, then add lemon zest, mix it well..
- Into the other bowl, beat egg white with salt and lemon juice. Beat it using medium high speed, when the egg white starts to get bubbly add sugar spoon by spoon until all completely in..
- Beat until it reaches soft peak consistency. Which means, when you lift your balloon whisk out of your batter, the tip of your egg white could droop way down. And when you flip your mixing bowl up side down, the batter will not fall from your mixing bowl..
- The some of the egg white batter into the egg yolk batter, stir it well. And after that pour all the yolk batter back into the white batter. Stir it well using a spatula, take your time while combining this batter, make sure they mixed well..
- Pour your batter into the mould, if you could see it's ribboning, it means that you are having a perfect batter..
- Bake it using water bath method. Add some water out side the mould, and put your mould on top of it..
- Bake around 90 minutes. After your cake done, take it out from the oven, and hit it to a flat surface from 30 cm height, 2 times. This is the way to prevent it from shrinking too much..
- Well next, you could decorate your cake using icing sugar on top, enjoy!.
What better way to start the morning then with this yummy cream cheese crumb cake. Instead of opting in for the usual omelet or cereal this morning, I decided to bake this. You must try.����." Cake berbahan dasar cream cheese dengan filling serta topping sesuai varian rasa sangat terasa diset. This recipe is very moist and even when the cake is left in the oven a little too long, the cake stays moist on the inside. This pound cake freezes very well also.