Cream Cheese Pound Cake. I have been making this pound cake for years, with only small changes. Start with ROOM TEMPERATURE butter,(REAL butter) cream cheese and eggs which makes for easier mixing and a more creamy outcome, and using cake flour. Cream Cheese: Cream cheese is the difference between dry pound cake and moist pound cake.
This Cream Cheese Pound Cake is no exception. It has a lovely golden brown crust that is sweet and so wonderfully crisp on the day it's made. It is important when making this pound cake to have the cream cheese, butter and eggs at room temperature as this enables the maximum amount of air to. You can cook Cream Cheese Pound Cake using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- It’s 1 pack (8 oz) of Cream Cheese.
- You need 3 sticks of butter softened.
- It’s 3 cups of Cake Flour or All-Purpose.
- You need 3 cups of white Sugar.
- It’s 6 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of Almond Extract (optional).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt (a pinch).
- Prepare of Icing:.
- It’s 1 to 2 cups of confectionary sugar.
- You need 1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp of milk.
- Prepare of Vanilla or lemon (optional).
Tips for Making Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe. With any pound cake, texture is key to creating the perfect taste. To create the best texture, begin by making sure that your cake batter is mixed well. You must beat your fat to incorporate air into your cake because it doesn't have a leavening.
Cream Cheese Pound Cake instructions
- Preheat over at 325°F.
- Combine all ingredients except eggs & flour. Mix with hand mixer..
- Once mixed add eggs and mix another minute or two until well combined..
- Add 1 cup cake flour or all-purpose flour (whichever your using) at a time to moist mixture..
- Spray bunt pan with cooking spray or flour the traditional way..
- Add mixture to greased bunt pan and bake for 90 minutes at 325°.
- Once done (check with toothpick) take out oven and let set for about 15-20 minutes. Flip cake on to serving dish and continue to let cool..
- OPTIONAL….icing if desired. 1 cup confectionery sugar & 1 tablespoon milk….mix in a small bowl and drize over cake once its cooled. Use 2 cups confectionery sugar & 1-1/2 tablespoons of milk if you want your icing thicker. A tab of vanilla extract (or any flavor you desire) lemon is good as well. ENJOY.
Cream Cheese Pound Cake makes a delicious, family favorite pound cake recipe. How to Make Cream Cheese Poundcake. To bake this cake, you will need these ingredients. This Cream Cheese Pound Cake is a tender, moist, and flavorful dessert that's a new spin on traditional pound cake! This recipe is simple to make!